Chapter Seven: Amor

Hey guys, sorry I just got done with finals! 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Seven:

Amor 

"Don't let it touch her!" The kitsune screamed. 

I pulled out my pocket knife and went over to the black cloaked figure that didn't have any feet, but the Kitsune grabbed my arm to hold me back as the ogre threw his heavy stone sword onto the thing. It vanished into black smoke, but then came back together like clay as the Kitsune threw me onto the ground. 

She looked at me. "Stay there!" 

She jumped back from the thing and gasped as she saw a ghostly hand and the ogre went nuts, stepping in front of her before throwing his heavy sword again, but again it collected itself. The cloak figure stood above me as my body froze. My heart gave a painful squeeze. A scream tumbled out of my mouth as I held up the pocket knife to protect myself. 

The Kitsune threw herself on me as the ghostly hand touched her. She paled and slumped on top of me. "Hey, wake up!" I screamed as I tried hitting her on the back, but she wouldn't budge. 

I looked up to see the ghostly grey hand coming over to me. 

I only see Death. I heard something in my head whisper. 

Death is all I've ever known. 

Forgive me. 

"You're death," I whispered as I felt the heat of the hand come closer to me. Why am I not scared? I'm not some noble hero who runs into things. I'm selfish. So selfish that….I didn't notice Drake's feelings. I wanted Drake to myself at the same time. I never wanted to give him to his queen. I always assumed that he would be by my side.

I wanted him to hold his hand forever even though I knew better. Faeries can't give humans forever. I

Funny, my last thoughts are going to be on Drake. 

Shouldn't I be sad? 

Shouldn't I be scared? 

I feel…peace? 

The cloaked figure stopped as a sword pierced through the chest. It screeched and turned into smoke before retreating to the forest. The darkness of another night began to settle in and my heart fluttered. 

"Matty!" Someone shouted as I looked and grinned like a madman. I got up to my feet and ran over to Drake. It had to be Drake! Only Drake. I ran into his arms and got on my tiptoes to kiss him when I noticed that the figure was slightly shorter and a little more muscular. 

"Erasmus!" I screamed as I jumped back from him. 

"My prince, I'm so, so, so, sorry!" The ogre yelped as he helped his beloved to her feet. She looked pale, but fine before staring at Erasmus. 

Erasmus easily towered over me at six foot. His skin was as dark if he had been born as an Egyptian prince. He was a prince. His royal purple hair pulled back from his face and his dark, ocean blue eyes filled with light as he smiled at me. His hand felt warm and gentle when he hugged me. He looked almost human in the ripped jeans and leather jacket that he wore and I sort of wondered how he got. 

He gently grabbed me from behind before I could run back to my dorm room. "I'm happy to see you again, my little blue eyed princess." 

I gritted my teeth. "I am not yours! And what the hell are you doing here!" I screamed at him as I turned around to face him. A little part of me was happy to see him since I've known him from my childhood, but there was a huge part of me that wanted to throw a hissy fit over the fact that it wasn't Drake.