Chapter Ten: Beloved

Lost Girl...so awesome! 

Anyway, if you guys have any questions just message me. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ten: 

Beloved

"Wow, why didn't you just stick your tongue down his throat?" Daisy asked as I threw off the skirt and changed into my jeans and a white t-shirt. She sat on my dresser as I glared at her and threw my school blouse at her, but she jumped out of the way and flew in the air. 

"Daisy, not now." I warned her as I glared at the brown-haired pipsqueak. Why'd she have to get on my last nerve today? So what? I kissed Erasmus back! "I don't have to explain anything to you." 

"And what about Drake?" 

Unicorn boy winced when she said that and shook his head. I glared at her. "Don't worry, Daisy, I bet Drake is doing just freaking fine. I bet he's got another little lady waiting for his oversized bed! And you know what, I don't care!"

"Matty?"

I looked to see Ruth in the room, packing up books to go out and study for a bit. "What's wrong?"

It was one of the few moments I wanted to just cry. I told her about what Ari told me and everything that happened over break. Ruth knew to just nod and keep quiet while I explained everything. I kept out the weird dream thing with Drake.

"So... Drake left because of a power play on the Nightmare Court's part?"

I nodded.

"Not that it bothers her," Daisy muttered.

"You knew Erasmus?" I nodded. "It must be nice with Erasmus especially considering how blunt he is about his feelings."

I blinked back the tears as I resisted throwing my arms around her. "It is."

Ruth smiled at me. "It must be nice that he just says that he cares and not...well, do whatever Drake did."

I nodded.

"He was trying to protect her!" Daisy said.

"Well then, Drake failed and so did his court. I don't think we should be picky about who's protecting Matty," Ruth said, "Considering that it's Death that's chasing after her at the moment."

It was kind of strange how calm Ruth was about all this. Not surprising, but it was still nice.

"Matty."

I looked up at Ruth. "Don't feel bad about things with Erasmus. From what I can see...yeah, he's strange and I don't know what to think of him yet, he seems like he cares for you."

"What about Drake?" 

Ruth rubbed her forehead at Daisy's comment. "Matty, what makes you happy?" 

"No idea." I grabbed a jacket and threw it on.

"Speaking of the spoiled, little pompous prince, where is he?" Daisy asked as I rolled my eyes and threw my shoe at her. Again, she dodged and this time, my shoe hit the window with a loud smack

"I don't know, but I have to go and talk to a few faeries in the woods. Stay here!" I stated. Actually, I just wanted to get away from them since Daisy kept bugging the hell out of me since I kissed Erasmus. 

I just…liked it and everything with Drake made my head spin. Erasmus didn't make my head spin. He told me that he loved me so why not enjoy that? Being loved…that's what ever girl wants and he wants me as I am. He loves me even if I have scars that disfigure me and even if I barely fit in my world or in his, but he loved me. He cared about me. Why shouldn't I enjoy that?