Chapter Two: Before You Leave

Hello everyone, hope you enjoy this chapter. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two:

Before you Leave 

I couldn't stop thinking about Rose as I walked into the dorms. I never really met anyone, who was human, that was so beautiful. It was all natural, I guess that was the scary part. 

I flung the door open to the dorm building and walking in, making sure to stomp my feet at the matt so the teachers wouldn't yell at me again. This year, my dorm was on the third floor so I went up the stairs with Drake being oddly quiet when I opened my dorm at B78 to find Daisy throwing my clothes around the room with Unicorn boy staring on with interest. 

I frowned and tried not to think about killing the tiny faerie. "Daisy, what are you doing?" 

"Throwing out all of your ugly clothes," Daisy explained as Drake sighed, "you really do need better taste in clothes. Your human markets are filled with so many cute things, but do you take advantage? Noooo! You just-"

"You got a package today," Unicorn boy interrupted as he got up from the floor and grabbed my package from the top bunk. He walked over and gave it to me before I sat down on the ground. 

"It's from Ari," I read the card on the box before I opened the envelop. 

Dear Matty, 

Hey babe,  Marry Christmas. 

I hope this reaches you a few days before you go on break or something, but I didn't tip the mailman. You know how they are, right? They're only quick when it's some rich person's gift, but one day I'll be a kickass famous musician and the-Oh never mind. I'll quit ranting. you've heard all of this before anyway. 

Is that pain in the ass taking care of you? (Drake huffed at this and said, "Of course I'm taking care of her, you cretin!") If he doesn't, give me a ring and I'll be down in a day flat. 

Right now, Mira, Boaz, and I are living in a hotel in New York. It's not too bad. Really, it's nice and all, but it's a pain in the butt sometimes, especially with mailing stuff out to people. Right now, we have to sing crappy lovey doevy Chirstmas music, but Mira's so good at those types of songs that she doesn't mind it when I make her sing them. These gigs are cheesy, but they pay well. We've gotten a few offers, but nothing real solid at the moment. 

No, I haven't talked to Dexter. Mira hears about him from time to time. He's taking a year off from college. Fucking good for him. He needs it. I think he's going to end up losing his mind like John if he tries to act normal. Don't worry about it. Worry about yourself. 

Oh did you hear that Aaron's going to study in Italy? In the VATICAN! 

Isn't that just a riot? I can't help, but feel bad for Mira though. You know how those two are. They can't keep their hands off each other when they do see each other. 

How's that Cooper guy that you like so much? Oh, and did you give Ruth my number? (Drake glared at me here and asked, "You didn't, did you?" I shook my head, but I'm pretty sure Ruth gave him her number.) 

Be safe. 

I mean it, no stupid crap for awhile. Or at least, faerie stupid crap. Teenage stuff is fine. It probably wouldn't hurt. 

Ari 

Ps 

I mean it on being safe.