chapter 2

Brien shifts on his right side, he feels darkness around him, like air turned solid pressing in . his eyes snap open . he can barely see . Sinking to the floor, he pulls his legs up tight against his body, hoping his eyes would soon adjust to the darkness.

Suddenly, he glimpse a shadow, a dark shadow even darker than the dark itself. . He panics;

the  shadow is swaying back and forth toward him. He hears harsh sounds of metal like chains He closes his eyes.

 “It’s just a dream” he tells himself. “it’s just a freaking a dream” he opens his eyes and feels the black shadow is standing in front of him. It’s cold freezing . He is definitely awake .

Brien is horrified from the figure he is seeing  , sweating , gasping  for breath. He tries to scream but His mouth is dry, his throat burns and his chest aches.  He stands and starts to run but his feet are jelly beneath him. He falls and faints.

A long time passes. Minutes stretch into hours; although it is impossible to know for sure because every second seems an eternity, he awakes in strange place. He scans the room around him. It’s a dirty large room with no windows and the only furniture it has , is a wicker couch.

Feeling dizzy, Brien starts to run. He gets out of the room to find himself in a court surrounded by huge trees. He is lost and he doesn’t know where to go, he runs as fast as he can without looking back. He runs as his life depends on it .

He runs for miles or so till he reaches the road and out of nowhere, he spots a car running fast and ready to crush him at any minute “that’ the end” he sights.

At last minutes and few inches away from him, the car stops and two ladies step out of it. Brien’s face is ghostly pale; his heart is trying to escape his chest. He is shaking from head to toe. He feet are betraying him , he can’t stand anymore, he sits on the hard cement ground of the road. The two ladies are deathly shocked.

“Oh my god , are you alright ?, you must be insane running like a fool in the middle of the road “ the first woman says with a shaking voice.

“mother, let’s take him to the hospital , he looks like about to faint “ the girl says 

Brien is grasping the power he had left . he pushes himself in a standing position, although he can’t trust his feet.

“it’s ok , I’m ok , I’m fine …” he says.

“what , you look  like zombie , you are not ok “ the girl interrupts him

“ thank you” he smirks

“no offense but it’s the truth” the girl adds 

“ok , stopped both “ the mother says “ wanna drive you somewhere?? I mean you are in the middle of nowhere, so .. ,”

“yeah” he replies 

In the back seats of the car , Brien is sitting quite, trying to understand how in hell he reached that strange scary place.

“so, what were you doing there?” the girl asks

“mmmm, ah I was “ he hesitates for awhile than he says “  exercising , you know , morning exercising, doing sports , to rest in shape and in good health. It is good for the body ”

“aww ok,I think you made it clear” she smirks “exercising , yeah, I believe you “