Chapter 9

Brien pours on her his harsh words and frees his hands from hers. Then he looks at her face, seeking any kind of emotion; anger, fear, humiliation or anything but in avail, she doesn’t even blink.

“You are such drama queen” she sighs. “But I like the part when you said that you like me and you’ll go nut if I’m hurt, that’s sweet”

Brien’s face turns red with embarrassment; he can’t believe he has just admitted his feelings to her.

“Seriously, you should leave, now”

“I’m not going anywhere” she gives him a daring gaze

“You are such stubborn” he screams

She stands and walks towards the door then she turns and says “come’ on, let’s   synthesize the wound on your forehead, first, before it gets infected. Then, we have a serious talking to do”

He does as she says and follows her in disbelief. He sits on the chair in the kitchen and she stands in next to  him and cleans his forehead then she starts talking:

“I can save you”

“if you think you can save me, don’t hold your breath” he interrupts her “the doctor said there is no cure”

“just listen” she says and pulls a chair and sits in front of him “you may scoff at the idea but it is a real and undeniable fact . It’s Not just ‘Frontotemporal Dementia’. There is more ; your illness made you vulnerable to external and negative influences. I hate to say that but you are possessed by a dark spirit” she stops. Brien is overwhelmed with the news; he listens with an open mouth. Then she explains “Some spirits have  a strong attachment towards the earth and human way of life. Spirits in hell do not understand they are spiritual beings. All they know is life with a physical body, so they are consumed with the desire to satisfy their materialistic needs. Because reincarnation from hell is impossible, they aim to possess a person living on earth. By possessing a human being, evil spirits can feel just as if they have their own physical body, feeling the physical sensations and satisfying desires for food, sex, money, power and the like. The only prerequisite for evil spirits to come and stay with a person living on earth, is to find someone whose mind is damaged and weak and that’s you in this case.”

“This is crazy, I mean it , craaaazy ” that’s all he can manage to say then he adds “I’m gonna stick to the scientific explanation of my condition”

“Just trust me” she says “I’ve been examining your behavior and action and doing some research during the last week. At first, I thought it is stupid but earlier when the evil you attacked me you said something crucial; you talked about demons and how you started getting along with the voices inside you head, at that moment I knew I’m right. Trust me Brien; you need an interventionist to intervene between you and this dark monster”

Brien looks at her and sees the very definition of confidence: in her expressions, movement and attitude. She knows what she is talking about and everything she says sounds familiar to him.

“Britt, I trust you with my life” he says “but I can’t let you help; I ’d rather die than continue to be responsible for so much destruction and harm; For you and my entourage. The void spirit is getting stronger, and with that, the real me gets weaker. I’m essentially fading. It’s my priority is to kill the void me .”