Chapter 18 "Dark Moon"

It’s dark moon tonight, "dead" Moon, this is the time when there is no solar reflection, leaving the lunar face in darkness. But for Brien who has been experiencing a deep loss, this dark moon is considered as a time of deep grief, melancholy and bleeding.  the waning moon lures him toward his deepest self , he is stripped of everything, naked; not knowing who he is. With the lunar face hidden, he is lost; Britt was his guiding force and his torch in the maze of darkness.

What comes next, he wonders

It has been three weeks since Britt’s death, when he told the police everything; his suffering from the shadows, his journey in Bardo , the Druit and how that a void spirit killed Britt. Everyone thought that he went crazy, no one believed him even his best friend Tyler. Now, here he is in a lunatic asylum locked with mentally disturbed people in quiet solitude. Each night, he is chained up to his bed and injected by Medaslim to force him to sleep. Sleeping makes the anti-dote running through his veins fades gradually which makes him vulnerable and will allow the void spirit to cripple into his mind and possess him again. Every morning he has a session with his doctor and each time the doctor asks him “how you feeling today Brien”. Brien answers the same “I feel like a part of a bird that’s not in the sky, I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry” then he keeps in deep silence and refuses to talk or answer any other question.

He has been staring to the waning moon for hours through the steel bars of the window, when the room’s door opens wide and a familiar voice says “it’s said that dark Moon is a chance to be renewed, to experience unknowing, and to gain timeless wisdom. It's been compared to the dormant seed under the winter snow and the cocoon holding the butterfly. The “dead’ moon is like death itself; it's preparation for the new beginning that begins with the crescent.” Brien turns to find the Druit standing behind him.

 “There is no new beginning, only the same shit leading us to the heart of an immense darkness, destroying us, taking the single beautiful thing from my life”. Brien says.

“There is a solution for everything”

“Not for death”

“ we can bring her back”

“What?” Brien freezes and stares to the Druit with wide eyes waiting for a concrete explanation.

“I figured something that can bring Britt but everything has a cost”