Chapter 11

“It’s started with these dreams … actually, the same dream every night”

“A recurring dream. That’s very Freudian.”

“I’ve had it several times since the last month. It is a bad one , sometimes I have it over and over again in one night. Dark and intense. It’s  about this black shadow, his face is the darkness itself”

“Black shadow?”

“I’m in strange place. I don’t know where. I’m held down, I can’t move, run or get out of there …. And I can’t see much “ he shudders, his face is paler than before and there is a vague but unmistakable flutter of fear in his voice”

“the black shadow-does it say anything to you?”

“It never speaks” another shudder “it just stands there close to me, very close. I feel it, it’s cold, freezing”

“Are you scared?”

“I’m terrified” he sighs

“Dreams are a way for the subconscious mind to send messages to the conscious. The dark shadow is the evil spirit and your mind is warning you that you are in for a real battle. But due to your medical condition, you were vulnerable and weak, so for the spirit, your body is the perfect body to possess “

“Ok “Brien and Britt say in the same time. They look to each other then Britt starts talking “we already know all of these, the most important thing is can he be cured?”

“well” the Druid stands and begins tilting in the room “ it’s all up to you Brien, you are the only one who is able to fight the demon within you. My role, here, is only to guide you and supervise your action. First, we need to work together to identify what kind of spirit is inside you. So, you are going to adhere to ‘EEG test’ …”

“what’s that” Brien interrupts the Druid

“an Electroencephalogram that detects abnormalities in the brain wave and the electrical activity of the brain” Britt explain while she rolls her eyes. Brien puts a half a smile on his lips and wonders if there  is anything that she doesn’t know.

“But not only that” the Druid starts again “during the process of having the test, I’m going to hypnotize you, so I can be able to talk to the spirit to identify its kind and the level of its power. In other words, technically, I’m going to make the EEG on the spirit.”

“ok, it works for me “ Brien says with determination .

Few minutes later, Brien finds himself lying on bed, in huge white room, surrounded by the sophisticated tools and processes of modern medicine. Between 16 and 25 electrodes are attached to his scalp with a special paste. The doctor asks him to relax and be still. He tries to.

“ok, we are going to start now” the Druids says “close your eyes, and imagine being in a "happy place" where you can feel comfortable and secure” he stops for awhile and starts again  "Just let your feet relax, and your legs relax. Feel your hips relaxing, and your waist relaxing. Feel your chest relaxing, and your arms relaxing. Your shoulders relaxing, and your neck and head relaxing. Feel your entire body relaxing, all over.” He stops again “you are flying through the air, with the wind whipping your  hair behind your head as you laugh with glee. No stress, no worries, no cares. You are landing on a cloud and feeling the softness of the cloud. This particular cloud is made out of pure relaxation. Now, you are  sinking down into that cloud, and the more you are sinking down, the more relaxed you feel, and the more of the stress and worries flow out. You can see the stress, worries and cares flowing out of you like a river and those feelings being replaced by relaxation” he stops for a moment "You can feel yourself relaxing now. You can feel a heavy, relaxed feeling coming over you. And as I continue to talk, that heavy relaxed feeling will get stronger and stronger, until it carries you into a deep, peaceful state of hypnosis. Sinking down, and shutting down. Sinking down, and shutting down. Sinking down, and shutting down, shutting down completely. And the deeper you go, the deeper you are able to go. And the deeper you go, the deeper you want to go, and the more enjoyable the experience becomes."

At that moment, Brien falls into a deep comfortable darkness and he willingly accepts it.