Chapter 3

part 1

 ‘What happened last night?’ Brien thinks, the world tilting around him as he stares at the ceiling above him, wanting answers. The image of the shadow’s face pops into his mind, he tries to remember his face traits but all he can remember is darkness, deep ,deep darkness. Heis  too mesmerized, too scared, wondering if he can ever sleep again.

 Hours later, deep in the night, Brien is still awake. He wants to cry, scream , shout and let it out  but doesn’t. He closes his eyes and forces the thoughts and dark images away and at some point he falls asleep.

It’s Monday, Brien drags himself to school, in the first period, he is having maths , can things get any worse?

Avoiding any kind of contact with his classmates , he drowns himself in his desk, his mind is still hunted with the monstrous image of the dark shadow.

“hey, dude, where have you been? ‘’ Tyler asks”I’ve been calling and texting you all the weekend”  

Brien lifts his head but doesn’t answer.

“oh, are mad at me “ he adds , still no reply

“com’on Bro, I’m so sorry”

“no, it’s not , I mean , it’s not about you , emm , weird things have been happening lately… “

“attention please “ the teacher gets into the classroom accompanied with strawberry-red hair white-pale girl “this is Britt everyone , she is new in town and this is her first class, so , please be nice to her, thank you “

Brien is surprised. He never thought that he is going to meet the girl who almost hit him yesterday, again. He gives her a smile and she waves back at him as she taking the sit next to him

“hey stranger , I see that you are in good shape today. I can see the effect of exercising on you, keep the great work” she smirks.