Chapter 13

“ Bardo?”  He says  while he tries to stare him in the face unflinchingly, to betray no trace of horror or fear, or any of the numerous emotions jolting down his spine threatening to overcome him. But fear is rushing into his head; only fear nothing else he can think about. They're not even thoughts just pain from knowing how bad this will be. The fear itself is killing him. “Is that even a word?”

Laughter comes out of the unseen man like a thunder makes Brien’s heart skip a beat.

“you are not prepared to this kid, aren’t you ?” he stops and takes his way toward Brien “you are in the state between life and death”

“I’m dead?”

“Not yet kid” he says as his murky shadow body gets clear under the bloody-moonbeams. It’s hideous, terrifying demon  that advance upon him with flame and sword, drinking blood from human skull. Brien looks at it with open-wide eyes in shock and disbelieve. A cold sweat drips upon his head. Not the sweat from falling, but the sweat from anxiety. his heart pounds like a drum. He flickers his eyes uncontrollably. Is this real? He thinks ,he sees something moving, but he thinks that it’s just his own imagination. He wipes his eyes so he could see straight. swoosh! Two shadows appear in fire and smoke collide with his eyes. They stare down at him with glaring eyes. 'Ahhhhhhhh' he screams for help." his feet remain rooted to the spot unwilling to move. The only thing he could hear is his own breathing which is coming out in shallow gasps and the angry roar of the two shadows bending over.

he shuts his eyes by putting both hands on his face to block the view of such a horrible scene.

Hands all over his body, touching him everywhere. he kicks them with his legs, he kicks and scream, kicks and scream. He open his eyes to find himself in the big white room with the sophisticated tools and processes of modern medicine, surrounded by Britt, the Druit and two huge men holding him down .

Few minutes later, Brien calms down and learns that the hypnotism was a failure; the Druit failed to summon the spirit; he shakes his head in frustration and aggressively runs his hand through his hair. Few seconds of silence then  he starts telling everything happened during his apocalyptic journey to the Bardo with a shaky voice.

“maybe the hypnotism wasn’t a total failure at the end” the druit interrupts Brien “ your sub-conscious sent you to Bardo to guide you and show you how to get rid of the dark spirit, to recognize the nature of your mind and attain liberation.”

“how is that” Britt asks

“the Bardo teaches that once awareness is freed from the body, it creates its own reality as one would experience in a dream. This dream occurs in various phases in ways both wonderful and terrifying. Overwhelming peaceful and wrathful visions and deities appear, and in your case a wrathful deities appeared. Since the deceased's awareness is in confusion of no longer being connected to a physical body, it needs help and guidance in order that enlightenment and liberation occurs. The Bardo teaches how you can attain Nirvana  and free yourself from the burden which is in your case is the void spirit” he stops, stands and start titling in the room then he starts again “that’s why I decide to send you back to Bardo”