Chapter 8

Brien opens his eyes and finds himself staring to the ceiling above, lost in time and space. A bolt of pain hits in his head; the pain rages inside his skull. He groans and puts his hands on his forehead and touches the slickness of drying blood.

“oww” he says in surprise before he groans again. He sits up, blinks back and waits for the pain in his head and body to subdue. Then he looks around and finds Britt on the chair next the window, holding her book and staring at him with a fixed gaze. He tilts his head back, furrows his brow and asks in confusion

“Wha-what are you doing here? What happened? Why am I bleeding?? He feels disorientated.

“you don’t remember!!”

“not since we were having breakfast “ he explains.

“Ok, you haven’t miss much” she smirks “you freaked out in the coffee shop and run away , I followed you home and I found you fainting then you tried to kill me so I smacked your head with frying pan, you crushed on the floor , I dragged your butt here and I sat  watching you roll around like you were having a bad dream” she stops for a seconds and says “yuup, that’s it”

Brien freezes in disbelief; wide-eyed, twisted-mouth and creased-brow. At that instance, he gets flash backs. he remembers, he remembers it all; how every part of him itched to harm her and how he enjoyed it.

“I’m terribly sorry “ he apologizes as he walks towards her “are you ok? Did I harm you?. He scans her with his eyes looking for wounds or any kind of harm he had caused her.

“I’m ok, really” she interrupts him

“oh, my god, it’s happening so fast, faster than I thought “ he says while wonders back and forth in the room “I’m so sorry you should leave , I may hurt you, please leave” he looks at her with begging eyes but she doesn’t move.

“I’m not afraid of you, I can protect myself” she stops and starts again “and what you mean by ‘it’s happening so fast’ what are you talking about” she asks.

Brien sighs wearily,  sits on the edge of the bed and drowns his head in his palms and says “if I tell you every, you should turn back on me, leave and never talk to me again. He lifts his head to see her reaction but she gives him a blank face “ok, lately , I’ve had trouble reading and writing: every time I try to read something, words start fading from the pages, letters and numbers became unrecognizable to me. Some of teachers noticed my problem along with the black-outs , behavior issues and personality changing, they called my parents and told them that I need a check-up. Briefly, because of symptoms, the doctor asked for RMI that shows that I’m suffering from ‘Frontotemporal Dementia’; the mind starts to shrink and there is no cure” he explains and a tear drops from his eye.

Britt moves from her place and sits beside him she takes his hand and squeeze then says

“we will do something, we will find a solution”

“you don’t understand, Britt, I can’t control it, you need to leave , I can seriously wrong you”

“I don’t care” she interrupts him

“that’s  the problem , you don’t care about getting hurt. Well you know how I’ll feel, I would be devastated and if you die because of me, I’ll literally go out of my freaking mind.”  He screams “I really like you, Britt, you may help me take the weight of pain, guilt and agony but in the end I’ll  damage you and break you. I’m going through hell and I don’t need company”