Chapter 5

‘’No, you didn’t’’ she interrupts him.

“what?” he is surprised

“ you didn’t kill her” she explains

“how would you know?” he asks

She shifts from her place and turns in a way she becomes on her knees in front of him and looks straight into his eyes. In that moment,   He feels exposed to her, like she can see beneath his soul, he feels embarrassed and senses his face turning red then she says:

“I know it and I’m pretty sure that you don’t mean harm to anyone. You know why? Because when I look in at you I see pure innocence, kindness and goodness. It is so obvious and undeniable ”

“maybe it’s just a mask, you don’t even know me, how come you trust me blindly?! Probably  I’m the devil in disguise  ” he yells at her and she doesn’t even blink “I’m sorry” he regrets his attitude .

“you are not the devil Brien, I can see your innocence in your eyes and eyes don’t lie” she takes both his hands , squeezes them and smiles.

“I can feel it Britt” he stops for a minute “I can feel the shadow crumpling over me and trying to possess me , spreading its poisonous darkness  through my veins and it’s over me, controlling me. It’s feeding over my soul . it’s too dark and I’m losing my way. I’m losing my mind”

“I’ll come and find you” she says and her voice is full of confident “if you lose your way I’ll come and find you, I promise you”  she smiles.

He looks at her and wonders how she is able to believe in him this much without even knowing him.  suddenly he has this overwhelming urge to hug her so tight till she becomes a part of him and in a moment of courage and without having second thoughts he bents over her and hugs her , she hugs him back. She is warm and her warmth gives him the power to believe in himself and her smile erases any other  dark thought from his mind.

“thank you” he whispers in her ear.