Chapter 12

At that moment, Brien falls into a deep comfortable darkness and he willingly accepts it. His entire body is relaxing, floating through the air, defying all the rules of gravity, with the cool wind whipping his hair behind his head. The wind wails, carrying a sickly stink of something rotten and damp leaves that grimed his skin  . It’s getting stronger, pulling him down. He can fight it. He can’t move . he is losing control over his floating body and it seems that his wild flight is coming to an end. His body is falling through layers of darkness; round and down, flipping, round and down, till it hits the ground.

Brien lifts himself from the ground , surprised that he still one piece after the ‘falling journey’ . He tries to adjust his eyes to the  darkness, he rises his head to the sky and finds himself standing under a blood-red moon. His flesh creeps and the hair on his neck rises like the hackles of a dog. Fear, a feeling he is unused to, feels like melting tallow under the surface of his skin, feverish and hot. The sanguine-red moon floods the space, giving off an unearthly glow to what is surrounding him. Brien takes a deep breath and says “ it’s just a dream, you are dreaming Brien, wake up, wake up” and falls to the ground again tears pouring from his face  “ But, damn it, what’s wrong with me , I wasn’t raised in destructive  atmosphere. My home is happy, at peace, I’m not physically, mentally or emotionally abused, why me? How could this happen to me,how?? I have a fantastic mother , a special father, I definitely don’t have a mental disorder genes , it’s not  fair.  It’s not right. It’s not even believable”

“You think so” a harsh voice blows behind him. quickly, Brien takes a look back to find what-looks-like-a- man standing far from him, the murky shadow of the trees’ massive vines prevent him from seeing him clearly.

“who are?” Brien screams “show yourself” . the man laughs “ where am I “ Brien asks”

“Bardo”  he replies