chapter 4

Chapter 4:

--

*Melody's POV*

There has always been this one spot, since we were kids, that we come to. For privacy, because we need to talk, for fun, or just whenever we feel like it.

Thats where I was planning on going for our picnic. It's a giant tree. It has a branch that is really thick, and big. We always climb up the tree to sit on that branch. No one knows about it except for Nash and I. I love this tree. It has so many special memories.

Once we left the house, Nash knew immeadeatly where we were going. I noticed and handed him the picnic basket and blanket. "Race you there!" I said to Nash, and started sprinting.

-

We got to the tree. I had won, but Nash was close behind. He always lets me win. We both know he could beat me if he wanted to. He set down the picnic basket and ran over to me. I was already half way up the tree when he grabbed my waist. I fell backwards into his arms, and he put me on his back.

We were being silly. He ran around the field with me on his back, and we were laughing hysterically.

Both of our stomachs growled at the same time. Lunch time.

I hopped off his back and we started to climb up the tree. I got up first, and said, "Hand me the basket and blanket please." Nash handed me the basket and blanket, and climed the rest of the way up.

Being careful, I layed down the blanket on the huge tree branch. We have done this before, and had found the perfect spot for the picnic basket. I sat down on the branch, and Nash sat down next to me.

"Turkey or Ham?" I asked Nash.

"Why is that even a question." We laughed and I handed him the turkey. Ham was my favorite.

We had chips and fruit, and our favorite, Cream Soda.

Nash and I both loved cream soda. We had it together when we were 6 at our 4th of July party at Nash's house.

I put everything back in the picnic basket after we were done eating.

"Wow. I'm full Mel. Thanks." Nash said.

"No problem."

We talked for a long time about how great the last 12 years had been. It hit me. I only have 2 more years with Nash before we both leave for college.

I started to cry.

"Mel? What's wrong?" Nash asked, and embraced me into a hug.

"We only have two more years together. Nash. I don't want to leave you."

"Shhhh. It's okay. Melody, I love you. I won't ever leave you. The next two years will be the best years of our lives. Got it?" He asked.

"Yes. I love you too." I said between light sobs.

We stayed there for a long time. I was crying still, but it got lighter each minute. Nash played woth my hair, and rubbed my back. My head was in his lap, and I took in each and every moment of it.

I sat up slowly. "Are you okay?" Nash asked me.

"Yes. I'm okay. Thank you." I replied.

"Nash?" I asked after a minute.

"Yes Mel?"

"Come spend the night with me."

"Okay. Lets go."

We climed  down the tree, and started to head home. Nash picked me up and carried me bridal style all the way home.

We got back to my house and walked in the front door. Nash set me down and went to put everything away in the kitchen.

"Well hello Nash!" My mom said excitedly. "Hi Mom." Nash replied.

Nash and I call eachother's moms, Mom. They dont really seem to notice.

Nash gave her a hug and came over towards me.

"Mom, Nash is staying th night tonight."

"Okay sweetie. Have fun." She replied.

Nash and i went upstairs to my bedroom. We passed Melina's room and her door was open.

"Hi Nash!" She came to the door to give him a quick hug.

They were friends too, but not as close as Nash and I. We left her room, and went to my room. It was only 4:30.

Nash shut the door behind me. "Melody. Look at me please."

I turned around. Nash took my hands and said to me gently, "Don't be afraid. I am never going to leave you. I love you with all my heart, and I will never ever leave you. The next two years are going to be great, I know it. Okay?"

"Okay." I took in a deep breath, and Nash hugged me. We stood there for a long time. "I am never letting you go." Nash said.

-

After a long hug, I let go of Nash, letting him know that I was okay. "Let's watch a movie and cuddle." Nash said to me.

"That sounds wonderful." I smiled. "Im going to change."

"Me too."

Nash came over so much, that he kept clothes at my house. He had his own drawer in my dresser. I had the same at his house.

I walked into my closet, Nash following close behind me. I opened one of my drawers and pulled out a pair of nike shorts, and a big tshirt. After I was done, Nash went into his drawer, and got some sweatpants and a tshirt.

We both walked back into my room and started to change. We didn't mind changing in front of eachother. It was a normal thing.

I hopped up onto my bed, and patted the area next to me, telling Nash to come lay down. I turned on my favorite Disney movie ever. Tangled.

Nash and I got under the covers and watched the movie.