chapter 8

chapter 8:

--

*Melody's POV*

Nash was acting weird a second ago. Whatever. I decided to text Chris.

M: Hey! This is Melody!

C: Hi beautiful.

M: whats up?

C: nothing. just chillin at home. you?

M: same.

C: you seem really cool. lets hang out sometime.

M: okay! when?

C: idk.. tomorrow night maybe?

M: sounds cool. where?

C: your place open?

M: yeah! that would be great.

C: cool text me your address. ill be over at 7 tomorrow night. ;)

M: yay! 1206 Hilltop Ln.

C: see you then gorgeous!

Yay! I get to hang out with Chris. Ew. I stink. I need to get in the shower.

I got undressed, and went to take a shower.

-

*Nash's POV*

I am worried sick about Mel. I really don't know why. It's just whenever she finds a boy, I get sick to my stomach.

I decided to call her. Ugh. She didn't pick up. Mel always picks up her phone. I was freaking scared. I didn't know why. I grabbed my key to her house and ran. I ran as fast as I could, and climbed up the ladder leading to her balcony. I unlocked the door, and heard singing. She was just in the shower. Phew.

I decided just to stay there for awhile. I made me feel more comfortable knowing she was protected. Her mom was on a business trip, her sister was at her boyfriends house, and Luke was at my house with Hayes.

I sat on her bed thinking about everything. My mind was going crazy. The shower turned off, and she came out wrapped in a towel. She saw me.

She screamed. "NAASSHH! You scared me. Why have you done this so often, sneak over here while I'm in the shower?"

I didn't really realize it but the last two times I've been over here, she is getting out of the shower. Kind of funny.

"Sorry. I was just worried sick about you." I replied.

"It's okay." She said with a sigh of relief.

She went to her closet and picked out some pajamas. I tried to follow her, but she shut the door and said, "No boys allowed."

She giggled. "What are you. 5?"

"Maybe I am, Maybe I'm not." She replied.

The door finally opened, and out came Mel in one of my big tshirts.

"Hey that's my shirt!" I replied playfully.

"I know." She said in a sassy tone, and strutted off to the bathroom.

I followed her. "Mel, can I stay the night again?"

She thought about it for a second, "No." She said.

My smile fell. I knew she was kidding. "Fine then." I walked out the bathroom door, and headed to her balcony doors.

"Wait! Nash!" She ran out of the bathroom and hopped on my back. Typical Mel.

"No no no, it's okay." I said. I started to open the doors.

She pulled my hair, and said, "Your'e staying." In a serious voice.

I slowly shut the door. She was still on my back, and I ran to the bed. I threw her on it. She was laughing. It was so cute.

"That's what I thought." I said playfully.

I picked up my cell phone, and called home.

"Hello?" Skylynn answered the phone.

"Sky, can you please give the phone to mom?"

"Yep!" She said, popping the 'p'.

"Hello?"

"Mom I'm spending the night at Melody's tonight. I'll be back tomorrow.

"Okay. See you tomorrow."

I hung up the phone, and went to my drawer in the dresser. I took off my shirt and pants and placed it in the drawer, and closed it. Don't worry, I still have my boxers on. I turned the closet light off and shut the door.

Melody was brushing her teeth. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth too.

"Nash get out." She said with a smile on her face. "Your gross."

I laughed, and continued to brush my teeth.

When I was done, I hopped into bed. A few minutes later, Mel joined me.

"What movie are we going to watch?" I asked her.

"Mmmmmm...." She thought. "The Lion King 1&1/2?"

"Sure. Whatever."

She turned on the TV and laid her head on my chest. I stared to play with her hair.

"Mel?" I said. She looked up at me with her gorgeous blue eyes. "I have a bad feeling about this Chris guy..."

She waited for a moment. "Why? He seems super cool."

"I just don't know. Maybe it's because I don't want another guy to hurt you like the last one did."

It was silent for a moment, but then Melody spoke up.

"I don't want that to happen either, Nash."

I looked down at her, and her eyes were watering.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm a horrible best friend." I slammed my head back into the pillow.

"Nash. I'm not crying because you brought that horrible memory up, I'm crying of happiness. I'm crying because of how you helped me through it. You have helped me through all of them, and I want to thank you for that." She said looking up at me.

I smiled.

"I love you Nash."

"I love you too, Melody."

I felt one of her tears slide down my chest. I took my thumb, and wiped her eyes.

"Thanks." She mumbled. Right then, Melody fell asleep.

I was tried to, so I grabbed the remote to the tv, and the fan. I turned off the tv, then turned off the light. I fell asleep on Mel's shoulder.