chapter 18

chapter 18

--

*Nash's POV*

After we were finished with pizza, we headed back upstairs. I was so tired. And so was Melody. When we got back to my room, Melody went to the bathroom. My phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

It was my mom. "Good. You guys are awake. The Clayton's have invited us over for dinner tonight, and we have a surprise to tell you kids. Be there at 6 please. It's ummmm... 4:00 right now."

"Okay. Thanks mom. We will be there."

"Alright honey. How is Skylynn? When I left she was playing wii." She said.

"She's good. I think she is playing with her barbies in her room right now."

"Cool. Thanks Nash, love you. Don't forget! 6:00 SHARP!" I could hear her smile into the phone.

"Okay. Bye." I said as I hung up the phone. She talks way too much.

Melody walked out of the bathroom, and her hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head.

"Hey babe, tonight we are going to your house for dinner, and the parents have a surprise for us."

"Okay." She said with a smile on her face while sitting down on my bed.

"So, what should we do until then?" She asked me.

"Well, we could go to the tree to hang out. Or we could find Luke and Hayes and hang out with them. Or Melanie and Cameron." I said to her.

"Yeah. Let's go find Melanie and Cameron. I'm sure that Cam is coming to dinner tonight."

"Alright. Let's go." I said.

We walked downstairs, and I found my step dad in his office.

"Hey, we are going next door and Sky is upstairs playing with her barbies." I said to him.

"Alright, see you at dinner." He said.

We turned around and walked through the back door, and across the lawn to Mel's house.

As soon as we got upstairs, we went to Melanie's room. And sure enough, Cameron was over. Like always. They were cuddling and watching something on Netflix. We walked in.

"You guys up for some 2 on 2?" I asked them.

"Sure." Melanie said. "I'll be down there in 5 minutes. You can go with them now if you want Cam."

"Nah," Cameron looked at Melanie, "We will be down there in 5."

"Okay, let's go." Mel said to me.

We walked down the stairs and out the back door to the basketball court. Yes a court, there house is a mansion. Luke plays select basketball, so they had this installed for him. They also have a tumble-track for Melody and Melanie, because they are cheerleaders.

At the basketball court there is a little tent looking thing, and it has an outdoor mini fridge under it. Mel opened the fridge and grabbed 2 ice cold water bottles. She handed me one.

"Thanks babe." I said, kissing her on the cheek.

She blushed. It's so adorable when she blushes.

I took a big sip of the water, and set in on the table next to the fridge. Then I picked up a ball from the ball rack.

I walked over to the hoop, and shot a few baskets. Next thing I knew, Mel had jumped on my back.

I started to spin around, making her giggle. We heard the back door close, and saw Cameron and Melanie.

"You guys ready to play some ball?" Cameron said, walking on to the basketball court with Melanie.

"As ready as we will ever be." Mel said to him.

Cameron looked at me. I know what that look meant.

"So, I say girls vs. boys." Cameron said, smirking at me.

"You're on." Melanie said, letting go of his hand.

Cameron walked over to me, and Melody hopped off my back and went over to Melanie.

They were talking and looking at us. I couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Okay." Mel said under her breath. "We will be right back." She said as they ran out of the court and into the house.

"What are they doing?" Cam asked me.

"I don't know dude. They will be back in a few minutes though. Let's shoot some." I said to Cameron.

We started shooting baskets, and he asked me if I was staying for dinner. I said yes, and we continued shooting and having fun.

A few minutes later, we heard the back door open and close. They came out with different clothes on, and their hair different. The only thing was that they had sport bras on. Did I ever mention that Mel and Melanie are super fit? Well, they are. They both have 6 - packs, and it's super hot.

"Ready." They both say at the same time.

"Fine, but if y'all get tp have your shirts off, then so do we." Cameron said.

We both took our shirts off, and threw them to the ground.

"And go!"  I said. And with that, the game had started.

The sisters were really good at basketball because of Luke being out here all the time.

We played for what seemed like 30 minutes, then Luke and Hayes came running out of the house.

"We want to play!" Hayes yelled.

"Alright, come on then!" I said.

"Hmmm.. New teams. Let's do the Clayton's vs. Us." Cameron said, pointing to me, Hayes and himself.

"Sounds cool." Luke said, while grabbing the ball out of Cameron's hand and shooting a lay up.

"So you wanna play it that way." Cameron said to him.

We all laughed and continued to play.

-

*Cameron's POV*

About an hour had passed and we were all so tired and sweaty. We decided to call it a game.

"Let's go inside and cool down." Hayes said to Luke.

"No, no, no. You guys, all of you are staying outside. You are all gross and sweaty. We are eating dinner out here, so you should just cool down out here." Mrs. Clayton said to us while walking out to the basketball court.

"Alright Mom. What time is it." Luke asked her.

"It's 6:00 sharp. Everyone should be here soon." She said.

"Cool." I said as she went back inside.

I walked over to the fridge under the tent. "Water anybody?" I asked.

"I got a bunch of yes's so I grabbed 6 waters.

I gave one to each of us, One for Melody, Melanie, Luke, Nash, Hayes, and of course one for myself.

We heard the back door shut, and Skylynn came running out.

"I wanna play!" She yelled as walking in the basketball court.

As soon as she saw me, she threw her barbie on the ground and came running to me. I've been Nash's best friend for about 7 years now, and I'm like an older brother to Sky.

"Cameron!" She yelled. She ran over to me, and jumped. I picked her up.

"Sky! How are you!" I said, spinning her around.

"Good." She said as I sat her down. She walked over to her Barbie picking it up.

"Kids! Dinner is ready come eat!"