[ JeMika ] Archer

Warning: No fluff. Just trying to write this genre

"His Royal Highness, Prince Jeron, of the Northern and Western Islands."

Everyone stood and turned to see the Prince enter the courtyard in his less formal clothing, his archery clothing. The Prince didn't even turned to look at the people on the courtyard as he walked in with authority. The people on the court bowed slightly as he passes them by as a sign of respect. They only sat when he arrived at his place.

Standing tall and mighty, the servant then gave the Prince his bow and arrow. He started to put the arrow on the bow, aiming for a few seconds and let the arrow fly, hitting the target but missing the center of it. A few more attempts and the Prince did not improved.

Despite the Prince's poor performance, the people who are watching it clapped, as if it was something they should applaud to while his arrows landed at least three to four inches away from the center.

Mika stiffled a laugh. Why is he so bad at archery? the Lady thought

"I believe there is a reason as to why you laughed, my Lady." the Prince said that caught the Lady off guard.

The Prince still on his place looked at now straight faced Lady.

"My apologies Your Highness--" the Duke started but he was cut off by the Prince

"Let her speak." the Prince commanded and the Duke kept his mouth shut. "my Lady?"

However, the Lady remained quiet. Lady Mika knows she shouldn't talk back. She wasn't allowed to do so as she was here as an accessory. As a display. A fill to be an audience. Nothing more than that.

"Has your voice lost their way?" the Prince asked and the Lady exchanged sharp look with the Prince.

Lady Mika knew she will be in trouble by doing it but the way the Prince look at her with challenging gaze, she needed to speak her mind. Defeated by her urge to speak, she responded.

"Truthfully, for a Prince, I try hard to figure out how in the world could you have missed that target." the Lady boldly said.

"I see." the Prince calmly said and put down his bow. "Then I supposed you know how to do it."

"A lot better than you, Your Highness." Lady Mika said with confidence and she heard a few gasped.

"Your Highness--" the Duke wanted to intervene but the Prince raised his hand, forbidding him to talk.

"Shall you demonstrate, then?" the Prince dared her, stepping away from his place.

"As you wish." the Lady said and stood from her seat.

Lady Mika could feel everyone's gaze are on her. Her mind starts to picture how it will be perceived as her action will spread like wild fire. Their household name is at stake but she didn't care anymore. She was 'the wild one' anyway.

Besides, it was the Prince who told her to do it. He commanded her to do this. And so with confidence she grabbed the Prince's bow and the servant gave her an arrow. The Lady took an arrow from the servant and put it in place. She pulled the string back along with the end of the arrow as she aims for the target before she releases it.

It hit the center and the Lady drew a smug as she looked back at the baffled crowd. She saw the look on The Prince's face trying to look composed. Holding a bit of her dress, she bowed and returned to her seat.

The Prince, cleared his throat. "I guess I should have expected that from the wild one of the Eastern Islands."

Everyone laughed at the Prince's remark; except her. Now why wouldn't Lady Mika laugh along with them? It was an insult to her as she grew up in the Eastern Islands.