CHAPTER 2: Sanity here I come

Jaxon's POV:

"I love you" I heard Genevieve whisper to me looking at me with those lovelorn eyes, I never understand the feeling when she says those words to me, every time I get disgusted when she looks at me with those eyes, that pretend to hold all the innocence in the world, the eyes I detested more than anything.

"Whatever, just shut up" I mumbled to her, the hurt I saw every time in her eyes was profound, but I cared less about that bitch who ruined my life. I had things to attend, things which were more important than Genevieve, the name itself was a mere curse for me, I easily drove my Rolls Royce outside the garage and towards my destination.

I was driving too fast, but speed, speed never scared me, in fact in this bitter world, speed kept me sane, kept me alive.

'I just didn't know why my life was so miserable! Just because of some stupid agreement why the hell did I had to suffer! It's been almost 2 years; I still don't get how I even managed to get through these 2 years with that bitch.

2 years ago this was the day my life turned upside down.

FLASHBACK

"Tring, tring" my phone rang for the fifth time in the past ten minutes.

"I'm really sorry, but I guess I'll need to take this." I said to the people sitting around the meeting table glaring at me for the disturbance I- my phone was causing. With pleading eyes I walked out of the room and took out my phone.

Five missed calls from- dad?

Why would dad be calling me so urgently? He knew I was in an important meeting!

I pressed the redial button waiting for dad to receive the call

"This better be important" I muttered, he picked on the second ring, which is too quick for a busy man if you ask me.

"Son"

"Dad"

"I need you to come home as quickly as possible."

"But dad-"

"I know you are in a meeting, but son you know I won't disturb you like this unless it's something really important."

I sighed, "I know that, all right I'll be there in 10 minutes." With that I hung up and walked back to the room with a frown.

"I am sorry but I'll have to leave, something really important is up, it's urgent." I told the people gathered around, without even waiting for a reply I rushed out of there, leaving them all with stunned expressions.

My steps echoed as I reached the almost empty parking lot, without a single glance around I entered my black Porsche, which by far was my favourite possession at the moment. The drive towards my house wasn't a smooth one like always; my insides were screaming at me that something was very wrong. The frown not even once left my face, till I entered the black gates of the so called 'black mansion'

I glanced from the rear view mirror and noticed a black Ferrari parked right beside my father's car

'Who could have come?' I wondered that my father had called me from such an important meeting. I briskly walked towards the front door and was about to call my father when I heard faint voices coming from the lounge. Curiosity got the better out of me and I started walking towards the direction of the voices. My hand grabbed the cool metal handle and was about to turn the door when a loud booming voice made my blood freeze, it felt like I had suddenly turned into ice. The words kept reverberating in my head

"My daughter will be the perfect wife for your son, Robert." My heart beat accelerated till I could feel it pounding in my ears. After a minute or two of trying to calm myself down, I finally managed to turn the door handle and enter inside. I could feel the thick tension surrounding the room as I entered. My eyes directly snapped towards my father, his eyes drooped down the minute he caught the rage brewing inside my eyes and that was all I needed to know. At that moment I understood everything, but chose to remain silent

My dad's pleading eyes kept telling me, 'now is not the time son.'

"Jax" The sweet voice of my mom called out to me and that calmed me a bit

"Yes mom?" I questioned

"Sit down honey; I want you to meet someone special."

The special word caught my ears and I let my eyes roam inside the room until they landed on the two people sitting on my mother's white sofa. There was a man who was sitting as if he owned this place, he seemed to be in his late fifties, he was cleanly shaved and was wearing a navy blue suit with a crisp white shirt inside, the only thing that seemed unnatural about him was his bright yellow tie.

My eyes then shifted towards the second person sitting or should I say more like trying to camouflage herself in the sofa and my eyebrows rose up in surprise. She was wearing a floral dress which almost reached down to her ankles and looked like she had borrowed it from her grandma. I couldn't see her face as it was hidden behind the curtain of her long blonde hair and she kept looking at the floor.

The loud clearing of throat made me zone back to reality. I heard the man questioning me in his loud booming voice.

"So my son, are you prepared?"

"Prepared?' I questioned my brows wrinkled in puzzlement.

"For-" his eyes glanced towards my parents and he paused.

"Yes, I assure you. He is." My father replied in his formal tone.

"What is-" this time I was cut off again by my mother

"The preparations will start within two weeks."

"Mom, what is going-" I halted myself from growling at the person who yet again dared to cut me off, but his words made my heart stop beating for a second and my whole body tensed up.

"You are getting married to my daughter."

END OF FLASHBACK

The loud honking of cars made me snap back to reality and I realized I was making a huge traffic jam.

"Damn this curse full girl, look what she did now!" I shouted as I manoeuvred myself towards my destination. That's why I hate Genevieve, her father and that horrific day which spoiled my mood again.

I finally sigh in relief when I see the casino door getting bigger and bigger.

'Sanity here I come' I whisper to the overly large pale white door.