Chapter Fourteen

Morality's POV

"I was walking over to Logic's room, I wanted to talk to him again, convince him to talk to you." He made a pause, his face changed completely, he seemed angry and it scared me a bit. "His door was opened and I saw Anxiety. I thought he decided to talk to Logan first and I was happy he decided to help but then.." He closed his eyes. "Then they kissed."

"Pat?" He called my name but I heard it far away from me.

"I understand." I whispered. "It's okay, Roman. It wasn't meant to be." My voice higher than normal, I smiled as best as I could. "I think I'm going to take a shower now." I continued making clear that I wanted him to leave.
"Thanks for coming, Princey. See you at dinner." finished my sentence.

"Uh... yeah. Call me if you need anything." I nodded quickly wanting him to go as fast as possible.

When I finally closed the door tears started falling, they reached my lips and neck, tickling them.
I wasn't making any noise though, no sobs nor heavy breathing. Tears were simply fall from my eyes. It didn't feel like crying, it felt worst.
I didn't feel my face wet but I knew it was.

I took off my glasses and threw them away from me.
My back was against the door and my butt on the floor.
I'm not sure how long I stayed like that or how long it took me to stop crying. I was just sitting there, my mind blanked.

Princey's words would keep coming to my mind, again and again, and it felt all too much to handle. In these cases I'd ask myself what would I do that would make Thomas proud, I knew the answer but I felt so empty and my body so heavy. I felt like I hadn't the strength to make it.

-
I woke up with light hitting my face and eyes. I blinked a couple of times, my eyes burning a bit.
I slowly got out of bed and washed myself up trying to cheer myself up but nothing changed.

I didn't remember going to my bed or getting under the blankets but I wasn't wearing pijamas so I figured I did it during my sleep.
I looked myself in the mirror and I looked like a mess, slightly better than before but still a mess. I sighed.

After getting some cleans clothes on I looked for my glasses. I found them quickly enough, too bad they were broken.
I sighed heavily, again, everything felt so wrong, I felt wrong by feeling like this. I couldn't find a sigle reason to smile that morning.

I quietly opened my door, I didn't want anyone to see me but I knew it was impossible. In fact the first person I saw was Logic.

"Good morning." He said as usual.

"Hi." I answered trying not to sound too different from always. I started putting milk and cereal in a bowl so I could get out of the kitchen immediately.

"Patton I think we need to talk." He said after a couple of seconds of silence. I closed my eyes tightly as I convinced my heart that everything would be okay.

I turned around to face him and smile. It felt so fake it made my guts ache. "Oh Logan there's nothing to worry about. The important thing is that you are happy, I am too. Forget what I said the other day here in this very kitchen, it was nothing too important anyway."

He blinked a couple of times visibly confused by my words. "Uh... okay. But I actually-"

"Please, Logan. There's no need, I have work to do now, I'll see you later." I smiled at him and left waving goodbye.

As soon as I went around the corner of the corridor I stopped to breathe. My head leaning against the wall.
I felt powerless.
I wasn't hungry anymore but I didn't want to go back to the kitchen so I simply left my bowl on the floor, in the next second I found refuge in the quiet of my room.
The door being closed gave a false sensation of protection.
Only moments later someone knocked at my door.

"Hey Dad." The figure in front of me said, he was Anxiety but looked nothing like him. He wasn't wearing foundation, only eyeshadow that melt with his black eye, I figured because of the fight with Princey.

"Hello, Anxiety." I smiled at him. "How is your eye doing?" He shrugged. "What brings you here? Do you need something?"

"Uhm... I, I mean, I figured Princey already told you what happened." I nodded never getting the smile out of my face. "Or at least what he thinks happened."

"Wait what do you mean, kiddo?" I saw him playing with his big jumper, every time he'd feel anxious or scared about something he'd hide his hands under the big sleeves.

"Mor, Logan and I-" He started and I could feel my heart getting tighter, trying to make itself smaller inside my body.

"Oh kiddo, don't worry about it!" I exclaimed. He gave me a weird look. "Virgil." He kind of made himself smaller inside of the hoodie at the sound of his name. "You know I've always wanted you to be happy and I never figured out what could actually make you happy and if it's Logan then-"

"Oh no no!" He tried to stop me, clearly panicking about this whole situation, I figured it must be hard for him. I placed a hand on his shoulder to make him relax. He breathed in and out.

"Don't interrupt me." I firmly said. "I'll be okay, I hope you two are happy if being together is what you both wish." At this point I was in the verge of tears only that he couldn't see it, he wasn't looking at me. I imagined he felt guilty, which made me feel even guiltier for making him feel bad about something so pure as love.
I hugged him tight and make him stop trying to apologise, he tried several times to say something but at this point maybe out of anger or pain or just resignation I didn't make him talk.

"Patton if you would just listen to m-"

"Anxiety! Please!" I snapped.
I think it was quite clear how I actually felt about this. I felt betrayed but in my heart I knew it wasn't Anx's fault. Quickly I tried to compose myself. "There's not anything else to say. Now I better go, I have work to do with my other kid. Thomas." I quickly smiled and literally closed the door on his face feeling bad about it a second later.

I shook my head and went over to my bathroom, positive about doing something about this.
Once I was in front of my mirror I looked at the reflection on it, breathing in and out a couple of times. Until I felt ready.

"I can do this." I started saying to myself, still looking at my reflection. "I can be okay with Logan being with Anxiety. This whole crush will pass and they'll be happy, and I'll be happy for them because everyone deserve to be happy and I don't want to be the reason why Anxiety isn't happy. Kiddo needs to be happy and if that means that I have to give up on Logan then so be it."

So... Hi.
I'm the worst I know.
I've had this chapter ready for a while now but I wasn't (and I'm not) entirely satisfied with it, also I kept forgetting to update and it's currently 3 am so...
I hope you somehow liked this and I promise I will update soon, definitely before school starts for me (the 15th) so expect at least another chapter.
Also I thought it'd be good to say this story is about to end (I think) so get ready.
That's it from the worst fan fiction writer in the history of Wattpad and all the Internet.
Peace out loves.