~Chapter 1~

"So tell me what has been going on in that head of yours?" I look up at the therapist wondering how she even got this job. "Here." I hand her the pictures I've scribbled among the pages of my notebook. "Wow these are fascinating​, what are they?" "Not they, she." "She?" "Mania." "You mean the disease?" "The goddess." "I'm not sure I've heard of her can you tell me about her." I stare out the window wishing this lady would just disappear. "She is the goddess of insanity and madness." She sighs setting my papers down. "Well it seems to me you're using this goddess as kind of a human form of your illness." I shake my head as the anger rises. "Listen lady, I'm not a schizophrenic and I most certainty don't need you to tell me what is and isn't real. I seen her not in my head but on websites, I drew her because I feel like she is the end." "The end of what?" "Nothing." She taps her finger waiting for me to give in but I don't. "Fine how about we make a deal?" I look at her held out hand, I sigh shaking it. "How about you start a journal and I'll cut our visits in half." I sit up seeing as she now has my attention. "Deal" I say now in a better mood. "Here you can use this one." She says as I stand up. "Thanks" I say walking out of the room. I hear her follow behind heading to inform my parents about our visits changes. Heading home I think about the drawings, what if I really am insane, but what if it's real and I truly am in danger . Upon arriving home I feel tired. I begin up the steps when my mom calls upon me. "Honey aren't you eating dinner?" I shake my head no and continue up the stairs. As I drop onto the bed I finally decide to sleep and I'll write my first diary entry tomorrow.