~Chapter 9~

March 8 2016

Today I'm going to get the paint and holy water. I hope this works. I'm terrified, I don't want to lose my family and friends, or my life at that. My family is being weird again. They're all staring at the static filled television again except this time they're all mumbling and whispering things I don't understand. Wish me luck for this might be the last time I write in here forever. ~

    As I arrive at the store people are acting strange looking around like something is about to get them. I try to avoid people and make my way to the paint isle. I grab a giant can of red paint and a brush. As I'm heading to checkout a loud bang sounds from behind me I turn around to find a woman laying dead on the floor and a man holding a gun to his head. "NO DON'T!" I scream out as I begin to run towards him but before I can get to him he pulls the trigger. Blood splatters all over me and I drop to my knees. In front of me lay my now dead mother and father. I turn to the left to find Luis and abuelita with blank stares. How did they even get here and when did they get here. "Someone call 911 please!" I cry out as tears stream down my face. I look to my abuelita but she still holds her blank stare she grabs Luis' hand and walks right out the front door. As customers surround me I begin to cry harder. When the paramedics arrive they announce them both dead at TOA (Time of Arrival). They ask me question after question but all I can think about is how did they get here that fast it didn't make any sense. After the police let me leave I head straight for the church. I speak with the reverend and he gives me a bottle of holy water. 

     This is how she does it who's next it could be anyone. I need to do this and I need to do this tonight. Arriving home I find Luis and abuelita in the exact same spots as when I left. "What happened?" I ask dropping my bag to the floor. "She told them to do it" Luis whispers. "She who?" "Her" he points to the television and through the static stand a tall black figure with blood covered claws and wings dripping with blood. I quickly turn the television to cartoons and they snap out of it. "OOO I love this cartoon thanks Alvaro." "Mijo could you please start the meat for dinner. Your mother will be upset if the food hasn't been started." I pick up my backpack and walk up the steps tears streaming down my face. They don't remember. How could they not remember. I drop onto the floor and pull the things out of my bag. I begin painting the ceiling. After that's done I create the circle of holy water directly beneath it. "Ama you're home! How was work?" I pause hearing Luis talking to...mom. I rush downstairs to find my mother standing in the doorway. No, no way I watched them die. "How was practice mijo?" She picks him up and goes to the couch. She left the door open and I watch from the stairs as my father steps out of his truck. I watched him shoot himself what is happening. "Ama I started the meat for you since Alvaro wouldn't" Luis says pointing to me. "I-I I'm sorry I was doing homework, I'm going to finish." I say pointing to the steps behind me. "It's okay mijo, It's better to do your homework." I rush up the steps as my father steps through the front door. "Well hello to you too mijo" " HI" I yell down the stairs before slamming my door shut behind me. 

    The room begins to spin and I feel light headed. Those, those aren't my parents. My parents died the EMT's called time of death. The room suddenly goes dark and black. "Well are you liking my game?" I look up and her black bleeding eyes pierce through mine. "What did you do who are those people." "You're parents of course." she lets out a small laugh. "Who are they really!?"  I yell "Just a little something I whipped up pretty good right they resemble perfectly" "Why are you doing this, what do you want?" "I told you, you already know you've drawn it." "I've only drawn you!" A paper slowly drops into my hands. "Tell me what is different about every picture?" "Nothing!" I yell back with frustration. "Look closer Alvaro." I look at every aspect of every drawing and finally "You get bigger in each one." "Correct the more people I make go insane the more towns I wipe out the stronger and bigger I become; And you!" A light laugh leaves her eerie smile. She runs her long claws down my cheek. "You Alvaro are the gateway to just that." "I won't let you get away with this!" I yell as she fades into the dark. I suddenly wake back up to find myself at my desk with a plate of food next to me. The thought of food sickens me. I shove the plate to the side and stare down at the drawings in my hand. Those aren't my parents. What if she makes them do something horrible to Luis and abuelita.