Chapter 19- The Proposal [Toby's POV]

I was driving to the studio in the greatest mood in a long time.  

   I couldn't believe that Cassie still wanted to be with me after everything that happened between us.

   She was so amazing and I still couldn't believe she wanted to be with ME

   I couldn't wait to get home.

~~

*Another year later*

   Cassie and I were sitting at a restaurant table because I was taking her out for her birthday.

   It's pretty cliché, but I'm planning to propose to her tonight.

   As soon as the dessert came out, I was going to start my speech.

   I saw the dessert coming and I was getting nervous. What if she said no or laughed in my face?

   The waiter set the food down and I could feel myself start to sweat like crazy, but I willed myself to keep going.

   "Cassie?" I asked looking at her.

   "Hmm?" she answered.

  "Well, we've been together for awhile, even through the tough things, and I love you more than anything in this world" I said while getting down on one knee and opening the tiny box. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to wake up next to you every single day for the rest of my life, and I want you to have my children. I want to wake up to the sound of OUR children playing. I just want you forever. So, Cassandra Lynn Davis, will you do me the incredible honor of being m wife?" I asked.

   "Of course I will Toby. I wouldn't want anyone else but you" she said kissing me.

   She held out her hand and I slide the ring onto her finger. The whole restaurant bursts out in applause and we finished and drove home.

   "I can't stop staring at it" Cassie said looking at her ring.

   "I can't wait until you're my wife Cassie" I said grabbing her hand.

   "And I can't wait until you're my husband Toby" she said squeezing my hand.

   "Well I'm tired and going to bed. Would you like to come and join me?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows and hinting at sexy time.

   "No thanks. I'm going to take a shower and sit with Gryphon for awhile" she said smirking and knowing exactly what I wanted.

   "Ok. Well good night my nugget" I said giving her a kiss.

   "Good night gorgeous" she said smiling.

   I walked to our room, got in our bed, and fell asleep thinking about how excited I was to finally marry Cassie.