Chapter 2- My New Apartment [Cassie's POV]

*She sees Toby in this chapter, but doesn't talk to him at all*

  I finally got to my apartment after 3 hours in traffic and it was the best feeling to pull up to a place I could finally call my own.

   I had a lot of boxes, but none of them were heavy enough for me to need any sort of help and the apartment came furnished.

   When I had finished brining up all my boxes, I decided that I need to go to the grocery store to stock up on some food

   While I was there I could also apply for a job.

                                                                                -

   I was walking up and down the aisles looking at food when I saw what appeared to be a grown man rolling around on Heely's and talking very loudly to his phone.

   I put in my headphone to block out his loud talking, so all I could hear was Fall Out Boy coming through my buds.

   I finished shopping, drove back to my house, put my groceries away, and decided to take a nap.

                                                                                  - 

   I woke up in a cold sweat, my chest heaving, and my heart pounding.

   I have had nightmares for as long as I can remember. Being beat by your drunk father for a long time can do that to someone. It has made scared of any male contact, besides my step-dad, but even he had to earn my trust.

   I decided top go for a jog since that always seems to help me relax and take my mind off things.

   I got dressed in yoga pants and a sports bra with my Nike running shoes.

   I grabbed my water bottle for the kitchen counter and left my apartment.