Chapter 5- My New Job [Cassie's POV]

I left Toby's while he preoccupied with his video.

   I had decided that I had over stayed my welcome and also i didn't trust myself around him. I didn't want to do something I'd regret.

   I was getting scared because I'd never felt this way about a guy before.

   Usually I'd be running in the opposite direction of the feelings I'm having for Toby, but I felt like I was running towards these feelings. Every part of me want to run back to his house and tell him how i felt.

   With that thought, my phone started to vibrate in my pocket.

   "Hello?" I said.

   "Hi. Cassandra Davis?" the woman asked.

   "Yes. That's me" i said flatly.

   Every part of me was hoping it would've been Toby calling, but I immediately dismissed that thought because i hadn't even given Toby my number.

   "Hi. This is Paul's Minimart calling on behalf of the application you out in with us. I'm calling to let you know that we'd like to schedule an interview" she said rather quickly.

   "Oh my gosh! That would great" I screamed excitely.

   "Great. Can you come in tomorrow at 9 a.m.? she asked in a monotone.

   "Of course!" I said

   "Great. I look forward to seeing you then" she said and hung up.

   I can't believe I got an interview.I can't wait to go tomorrow.

   I wonder what I'm gonna wear.

                                                                                    ~

   At 8:45 the next morning i was walking into Paul's Minimart.

   "Can I help you?" some teenage looking man asked.

   "Yes. I was wondering where I would go for an interview?" i asked with a smile.

   "Through that door" he said pointing towards the back of the store.

   Note to self: Chasier man/boy is not friendly.

   I walked toward the door he pointed at and knocked.

   "Come in" the voice of a women said.

   "Hi. I'm Cassandra Davis here for my 9:00 interview" I said smiling.

   All this smiling I was doing was gonna wake my lips fall off.

   "Yes. Come in and sit down" she said jestering towards the chairs in front of her desk.

   "So why did you want a job at Paul's? Why are you sitting in front of me?" she asked staring at me.

   "Well I need to pay my rent, buy groceries, and i think it would be a great experience" i said staring right back.

   "Alright. You're hired" she said quickly.

   "Wait. What? Just like that?" Iasked qenuinely surprised.

   "Yes. You seem responsible, we're under staffed, and you're the only one that applied. Congradulations" she said shaking my hand.

   "Thank you!" i gushed.

   I was so incredibly excited to be working and I know that's a weird thing to think because it's a minimart, but it was still a job.

   "You start tomorrow at noon. You'll be given your uniform, employee badge, and work schedule then" she said not looking from her computer.

   "Thank you again" I said getting up.

   I walked out of there feeling great.

   Once again Toby crossed my mind, "I wonder what he's doing".

*Sorry it tokk me so long to update. I have a lot of homework that takes me into the middle of the night. So i might not update regularly.

Anyway what do you guys think? I know I'm a terrible writer, but i felt like writing a FanFic about Toby. *