❤️Chapter Three❤️

(Y/N)'s POV
"This is so exciting!" Ivor says. "Adventure! Haha!"

"Did we have to bring him with us?" Aiden asks me about Ivor, clearly annoyed.

"Well, he's the one who knows about this Eversource stuff," I say. "Plus, he's pretty adorable." Ivor dances happily and excitedly in front of us. Again, not as adorable as Aiden, but, you know.

Aiden's POV {For the first time in forever (cue Frozen).}
"Yeah, I guess." I mean, he's not as adorable as (Y/N), but being cuter than her is impossible.

"These trees are enormous!" Ivor exclaims. "I love it so much!"

"He can be pretty annoying, though," I say.

"And you can't?" She grins at me.

"You're the one to talk," I say, messing up her hair. She sticks out her tongue and laughs.

"Remarkable! Look at this architecture—so old! So exquisite!" Ivor continues fanboying as we approach the temple. "It's just like I dreamed it to be! Except less cake. My dreams usually involve cake." {Me too, Ivor, me too. (Currently listening to Me Too by Meghan Trainor xD)}

"It's nice to see you smiling," (Y/N) says.

"I'm not smiling," he says quickly. She rolls her eyes and we walk inside. It looks so different during the day.

"Be careful what you touch," Ivor says. "There could be traps everywhere. Lukas! Aiden! Other two girls! Are you four as excited as I am!" {Yep, Faith, you and Jesse are the new "Blond Guy" xD}

"I'm not sure that's possible," I say.

"What?" Ivor asks.

"He means that you just seem super excited, Ivor," Lukas says.

(Y/N) starts examining the temple for any signs of the Eversource and I join her. She's so cute when she's super focused. I notice a hole in the ceiling and point it out to her.

"I don't remember that being there last night . . . ," she says. She looks at it for a few seconds and starts climbing the vines up to the hole.

"Do you think the Eversource will be up here?" I ask, following her up.

"Not sure . . . ," she says. She climbs onto the roof. The others realize what we're doing and join us, Faith carrying Fish. On the roof is another room-area. The walls are partially torn. On the back wall is an area of chiseled stone and quartz encased in gold. (Y/N) runs her fingers along the golden frame and I barely catch myself staring at how beautiful she looks when she's mystified.

In the midst of my ogling, I stumble onto a wooden pressure plate. The gold frame and the blocks inside pop out of the wall, startling (Y/N) and making her jump backwards into me.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," I apologize.

"No, it's okay," she says. "It was more productive than what I was doing."

The chiseled stone in the middle of the structure pushes back, leaving a two-by-three space, almost like a doorway, or an entrance to a portal.

"What do you see?" Ivor asks excitedly, running up to us.

"Is it some kind of portal?" Jesse asks.

"It's just like I imagined!" Ivor says.

"Where does it go?" Faith asks.

"I don't know," Ivor admits. What does this guy know? "This portal isn't like anything I've ever seen."

(Y/N) pulls out the cyan flint and steel, evilly smiling at it. I stifle a laugh at how dang adorable she is. She lights the portal and it sends all of us flying backwards. The flint and steel skitters across the floor and is grabbed by someone who isn't in our group—Olivia. {WHYYYYYY THIS IS TORTURE.}