💕Chapter Seven💕

Aiden's POV
Portals everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Like, we're stuck in a hallway, and almost every inch of the walls is covered by portals. The biggest problem is—which one brings us home?

Pick a random one . . . I guess?

*~*~*~*

Ow. I wish the portal wouldn't lead to the air.

"Well, grass, forests, ground," I observe around the area. "Promising so far."

Ivor clears his throat, tapping my shoulder and pointing to the sky. Oh. Two moons. That's not normal.

"So, unless we live on Pluto or something and I never realized it, we're definitely not home," (Y/N) says, her eyes darting back and forth from one moon to the other.

"Fair enough," I say.

"What now?" Lukas asks.

"Somehow find the other portal?" I suggest with a shrug.

"I hope we can do it quickly," (Y/N) says, a look of guilt on her face. "I'm worried about Maya and Gill."

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't know; I just . . ." She trails off, recollecting herself. "What if they find the portal to Sky City? They'll be stuck up there, and . . . well, you know." Tears look about ready to slip from her eyes.

"Look, we're going to get there before anyone else gets hurt. We'll find that portal out of here and hopefully find the right one home. And, maybe, when we're in the portal hall next time, we can leave a note or something. Just in case. But they'll be all right, okay?" I lay my hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

"I hope you're right."

I smile. "I always am."

She returns the smile. There it is again. That uplifting smile of hers.

"Well, I, for one, vote that we not be so hasty to try and get out of here," Ivor says. "Who knows what sorts of treasures this new world could hold?" Typical Ivor. "Besides, unless this portal is disguised as a tombstone, I'm not seeing it anywhere near here." Not helping the case, Ivor.

Eh, still typical Ivor.

"What's that?" (Y/N) says, staring off and pointing into the distance.

"Only one way to know," I say before running towards whatever it is. (Y/N) laughs and chases after me, followed by everyone else.

I pick up what appears to be a book on a stand, opening it to the first page. I read what it says in fancy print and (Y/N) reads over my shoulder.

"You actually going to read it out loud so the rest of us know what it says?" Jesse says, stopping me before I can read most of it.

"Oh, right," I say, handing it to (Y/N), since she's the reader of the group.

She clears her throat. "'Invitation. Read immediately! Your life depends on it! Greetings, travelers—"

And here come the zombies. What else is new?

"Keep reading, (Y/N)," I say. "We got you!"

"I humbly invite you to my mansion for an evening of food and festivity with your fellow adventurers."

"That's . . . weird," Faith mumbles.

"Is there more?" Jesse asks.

"Yeah, there—ugh!—is," (Y/N) says, fumbling with the "invitation" while also fighting off zombies.

"Toss it here!" I tell her. She throws it to me, and I immediately still realizing the mistake of asking the girl who—even though I still love her to death—can't throw for the life of her.