💕Chapter Ten💕

(Y/N)'s POV
"Who do you think took the flint and steel?" I ask Beezie in the library.

"I don't even think anyone really stole it," she answers after a moment. "Like, Shiner got it before Trinity, and Trinity was really mad about it. I think Shiner made up the story about it being stolen to make her think she didn't have it. Classic Shiner move."

"Interesting," I mutter, taking notes as I go. "So, next question—how are you with redstone? What's your skill level?"

"I don't know . . . average? Moderate? Something like that," she says. "However that type of thing is graded. But I know Shiner's really into it. Just in case you're curious."

"Okay . . . what about this?" I pull out the arrow.

"Ooh, is that some kind of magic arrow?" she asks. "Never seen one. Trinity really likes brewing and stuff like that, so she may know about it. She's a lot better at that stuff than I am. She could probably even teach a class."

The one thing that doesn't make sense, I note, is that she claims to think the arrow's magic, but then turns to the topic of Trinity liking brewery. I think there's something Beezie's not telling us.

I set that thought aside for the moment. "You're free to go. Tell Shiner she's next."

Shiner walks in a few seconds after Beezie exits. "I don't know what Beezie told you, but I honestly would never hurt anyone, let alone kill them! I swear, you've got the wrong person! I'm the one who's been wronged. The flint and steel was rightfully mine! Well, it was before someone stole it."

"Just sit down and let me talk," I say. She heeds my advice and takes a seat. "What do you know about this?" I show her the arrow.

"Never seen one before," she says.

"You know nothing about tipped arrows? Made with potions?" I ask, emphasizing "tipped arrows" and "potions" to maybe spark some truth or knowledge.

"Nuh-uh. Trinity's the one to know about potions," she says.

"Okay, you're redstone knowledge?" I ask.

"Not my thing," she says. "Beezie's the redstone-person. She was the Tri-Block Champion."

"Beezie said you were the redstone-person," I say.

"She must've confused me with someone else," she says. "Trinity's done some pretty awesome things with redstone. Between you and me, I wouldn't be surprised if she was behind all this."

"One last question—who stole the flint and steel?" I ask.

"Trinity, obviously. She was so jealous of when I found it, she must've set out to get it from me and claim it as her own."

If she stole it, why would she be the White Pumpkin? The White Pumpkin is after the flint and steel, and if she had it, she wouldn't be the White Pumpkin. Unless being after the flint and steel was just an excuse and she's just a horrible person, but that's unlikely. . . . Shiner's hiding something, too.

"You can go. And bring in Trinity."

Trinity walks in nervously, automatically finding a seat of her own. "Look, I'll just tell you right now—I do want the flint and steel, just as much as anyone. Probably more than anyone. I've been looking for it for years. Do you understand how much I hated it when Shiner came in and took it?"

{Dan the goggle-wearing goon lol}

"Did you take it from her?" I ask.

"No, of course not! If I had an enchanted flint and steel, I'd be off exploring other worlds, not here in the middle of this mystery," she says. "Although, I think Shiner's story about it being stolen is fake. I bet he still has it."