❤️Chapter Four❤️

(Y/N)'s POV
Oh gosh. Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh. What are they going to do to us? I hope we're not in trouble. . . . We didn't do anything wrong! I mean, we did, but we didn't know! Plus, what kind of stupid law is that, anyways? At least I have Aiden with me, I guess. That'll keep me from being alone. And Faith and Ivor. Although, I don't know whether I'd rather be with more of my friends, or just be alone with Aiden. . . .

We walk along a corridor into a room—the throne room, from the looks of it. Founder is seated atop a tall throne, Olivia and Axel at the foot of it.

"As a thank you for your services to Sky City," Founder says to them, "I present you with these gifts."

A trail of minecarts appears from someplace inside the walls.

"There, see!" Ivor points excitedly to the former secret doorway. "That must be where they keep the Eversource!"

"That's what you're focused on right now?" Aiden hisses. "I think we have bigger problems here. Like being arrested!"

Oh. I almost forgot about that.

Founder hands her "gifts" to Olivia and Axel.

"Carrots? Really?" Axel scoffs. "I was hoping for cake. . . ."

"He means 'thank you'," Olivia says.

"Of course," Founder says. "Now go! I have criminals to deal with."

I'm a criminal now. . . .

Olivia and Axel walk by us, Olivia flashing a smirk.

"Come on, criminals," the guard who brought us in here says. "Time to see the Founder."

"(Y/N) and accomplices," she says. "You have committed acts of wanton and illegal building, something specifically forbidden by our laws. Explain yourselves."

"I— We— We didn't know!" I say, tears forming in my eyes and threatening to spill.

"Yeah, how were we supposed to know?" Aiden cuts in. "We were stranded! What else were we supposed to do?"

"Ignorance won't get you any favors," Founder says. "Olivia and Axel told me all about you. About how you're all a bunch of bullies back home. About the 'Order of the Stone' and how you steal treasures."

"We aren't like that!" Aiden snaps. "We may collect treasure, but they stole from us! Plus, we saved the world! We aren't bullies or thieves!"

I'm kind of glad that Aiden's brave enough to speak up, because I'm surely not feeling it right now. All I feel is fright. Although, it seems like I always do. That and love. . . .

"Really . . . ," the Founder says. "It appears that you're the little ring-leader, so how about you come with me?" She starts towards Aiden.

"No, I am," I say, mustering up just enough courage to get Aiden out of whatever she has planned.

"(Y/N), what are you—?" Aiden starts.

"I'm the leader. I'll go with you. Just leave Aiden and everyone else alone," I say. Hey, I'm not lying. I am the leader.

"Well then, you come with me," Founder says. One of the guards grabs my shoulder and leads me outside the building to where the Founder walks off, leaving my friends behind.

"Tell me what you see," Founder says, staring off into the blank distance.

"Blue," I say. "Lots and lots of blue. And . . . nothing else, really."

"Precisely," she says. "As you can see," she says, looking down below us, "nothing exists below us. Only the Void."

My heart skips a beat, realizing once again how high up we are. It's times like this when I wish Aiden were here. . . .