Damsel In Distress {Lauren}

A/N: I'm a nerd, and I'm proud.😂🤓 And this is my last Lauren spam.

Being one of the school nerds isn't easy, but being a new school nerd is even harder. That's why I felt bad for Lauren Jauregui. She had just moved here from Miami, and by the looks of it, she's taking it well so far. There has been a few comments thrown here and there, but nothing serious. Me on the other hand.... I occasionally get the usual push into the lockers, or the rude remarks, but I'm used to it.

  Monday. The most-hated day of the week. I sighed, and pulled myself out of my bed. Time to get ready for the day. I did my morning routine, and grabbed a banana from the counter. "Bye, mom!" I yelled upstairs to my mom. "Bye, honey! Have a good day!" She replied. Yeah, ok.

  Once I arrived at school, I got my books, and headed to first period. Science. Science is my favorite subject, so I'm pretty excited! On my way there, I turned a corner, and collided with someone. Both of our books fell to the floor in a large pile. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean t-" I started to apologize. "It's totally fine. It was my fault. I should have been watching where I was going." I looked up, and my breath caught in my throat. It was Lauren. "Hi, I'm Lauren," she smiled. "Y/N," I replied with a smile also.

I went to grab one of my books, and I saw her hand sliding along the floor. She seemed to be looking for something. A glance to the right proved my thoughts. A pair of glasses were half laying under one of her books. I grabbed them, and handed them to her. She looked at me with a grateful smile, "th-thank you." I could see her subtly cringe at her stuttering.

"What is your first class?" I ask, helping her up. "Uhhh," she looked at her schedule, "English." I frowned, but quickly covered it up. "Oh ok. I have science, so I guess I'll see you later!" "Ok! Bye, Y/N!" "Bye, Lauren!"

The day had gone by impossibly fast. I was on my way to my last class, when I heard a familiar voice echoing from across the hallway. As soon as the voice boomed, everyone went silent. "Hey, you! New girl! Come here, princess. What's your name?" Avery Castin. My bully. I ran to the source of the voice, and was met by a scene that made my blood boil.

   Avery's hand was slowly trailing down Lauren's face. When Lauren didn't answer, Avery got mad. "Answer me, bitch! Too afraid to talk?!" Lauren just pulled her face away and looked at the floor. Avery grabbed her by the collar, books falling to the floor. I'd seen enough.

   "Let go of her right now!" I shouted, charging toward the two. A group of people had surrounded the scene, so I had to push through. "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it, loser?" Avery asked. I took off my glasses, and tightened my ponytail. I slowly walked up to Avery. "This." My fist connected with her jaw, and a disgusting popping noise filled the air.

   I didn't know if it was my hand or Avery's jaw, but right now I didn't care. The bully fell to the ground, and backed away. I dropped to the ground next to Lauren, inspecting her for any possible injuries. "Are you ok? Did she hurt you?" "Am I ok?!" Lauren's asked, pulling my hands away from her face, "You're the one who just went all Jackie Chan on Avery!"

I just laughed and pulled Lauren off of the floor. "Let's go before a teacher finds us," I suggest. "Let's." Lauren and I walked to my car, and got in. I didn't start the car, we just sat in silence. I looked at her, and she looked back. "Are you really ok?" I questioned. Her eyes started to well up. "No," her voice cracked.

"Oh, Laur," I leant over to her side and engulfed her in a bear hug. Her tear flowed freely down her face. "Th-thank you so much, Y/N. You're my hero." I smiled, and said, "You're my damsel in distress." Lauren stopped crying and looked up at me. I wiped her tears with the pad of my thumb. "Can we stay this way forever?" "Always."