Chapter 8

It's Thursday, which means I have only one more full day here. I really don't want to leave. I love it here. I'm finally happy. Like happy happy.

My friends and I have decided to skip school and just spend the day together. Cause why not right.

Just as I finish getting ready, Saylor and Summer walk in. The plan is to go to the mall, then the movies and coffee shop, and lastly visit every one of our hang outs. We were also going to go kayaking tonight at sunset. I wish it could be like this all the time. I wish that everything could be just perfect.

-----

We arrive at the mall and go straight to the food court and get breakfast and coffee. We then go to all of our favorite stores and by the time we leave we are literally drowning in bags of clothes.

We went to see the new transformers movie even though we have already seen it hundreds of times. Let's just say that it's our favorite movie.

"I thought you weren't supposed to eat popcorn with braces." I leaned over and whispered to Summer. She replied by stuffing a handful of popcorn into her mouth. Okay then.

After the movie we grabbed coffee and went back home. We decided to have a mini photo shoot with all of our new clothes and stuff. Best photo shoot ever, it was so much fun. We were pretending to me those weird models from the 1990's.

We walked down stairs and grabbed a snack from the kitchen and then went to visit all of our favorite hangouts. I went to open the door and there stood Colton, right in the doorway. But why was he here, he's not supposed to pick me up till tomorrow.

"C-Colton, what are you d-doing here?" I murmured while taking a step back. I'm honestly not ready to face him. I thought I had one more day. I wish I had one more day.

"Well I thought I would come early and surprise you." He replied sounding unsure of himself while running a hand through his hair.

"Oh okay, well I was just abo-" I was cut off by Cameron.

"Ryder who is at the door..." Cameron starts to say while walking into the living room.

"Cameron? Is that you?" Colton asks, both sadness and anger lining his voice.

"Yep, also weren't you coming tomorrow?" Cameron replies with an attitude. Here we go.

"I thought I would surprise her. Also watch your tone" Colton says strictly to Cameron.

"I think someone is forgetting whose house this is" Cameron says back sarcastically.

"Yeah it's our aunt and uncle's." Colton rolls his eyes at Cameron in a typical older brother format.

"Well if you excuse me, I'm going to go hang out with my friends." I cut in while trying to escape.

"Oh no you don't" Colton says grabbing my shoulder and pulling me back. "I just got here."

"Well, my friends and I have plans. So bye." I say harshly, but instantly regret it as I am only greeted with the sadness that fills his eyes. "I'm sorry bro, but we do have plans. We can hang out after that though. As a family.

"Okay sis. That would be great. Go have fun." He says happily while messing up my hair. I push his hand away and run out the door while waving good bye.

-----

We first visited the river and then the dock that we would sit at and talk for hours. We then went to the secret creek that is by our houses. We wrapped everything up pretty fast so I could go and catch up with my 'family'. We said hour goodbyes as I ran up the steps to the house. I'm really going to miss them.

I walk into the house and instantly hear shouting. Oh no.

I could only make out a few words. It was mostly stuff like "I just want what's best for her" or "she's better off staying with me". They were obviously fighting about me.

CAMERON'S POV

"SHE'S FINALLY HAPPY!" I fight. Colton and I were fight about Ryder. Specifically were Ryder should live.

"SHE IS SAFER STAYING WITH ME!" Colton screams back, even though I don't care. "AT LEAST I WON'T EVER LEAVE HER!" Colton continues. Okay now I care.

"BUT YOU DID LEAVE ME!" Ryder bursts in. "You left me three years ago. Not even a single phone call or text since." She sobs running up to her room.

"What have we done" I murmur, running a hand over my tired face. Colton and I exchange looks and simultaneously jog up the stairs to Ryder's room.

"Ryder, pumpkin, please open the door" I plead at her the outside of her room. All I could hear were her sobs. I'm so sorry.

"Come on princess, we are sorry. I'm sorry. We love you so much." Colton also pleads. Tears staining his face.

The last thing that I remember is letting darkness take over and falling asleep right outside her door. I love you Ryder.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! Thank you so much for almost 400 reads! I love you guys so much. Please remember to vote, share and comment, it really does help. Thank you.

Love ya
-Stephany✌🏻