Black Magic

Harry's POV

"Hey Harry. You want some strawberries?" Tom laughed, throwing his head back as he held out a basket full of red, juicy strawberries. Too bad I wasn't in the mood for eating or literally anything. I shoved his arm away, snatching the jacket I left on the chair and threw it on my shoulders.

"Okay grumpy. Where ya going?" Tom snapped, mouth stuffed with berries, stepping in front of me as I was about to grab the door knob. Sighing, I slightly pushed him out of the way and stepped my foot out to the porch, leaving him throwing his arms up in confusion.

I walked down to the silent streets, not really cared about my surroundings. So, today wasn't my best day, if I could say so myself. Got a B+ for a project I'd invested so hard for the last two weeks. Got betrayed by my best friend as he joined the popular group of the school to get more notice and hot chicks. Then, on the way going home, got called back to school to rearrange books on the shelves. Came home late to see the dumb brother lying on the couch, doing nothing all day.

Kicking a rock under my foot, I angrily stepped onto a puddle, not aware of where I was walking. Suddenly I heard some cheers from the near about park, curiosity filled my mind as I instinctively walked over. Entering the park, I saw a big crowd of people, all gathered around somewhat show as they shouted in excitement. Pushing through some people after getting bad looks, I finally got to see what was happening.

Cards started flying around as they hit the target boards precisely on the bullseyes, making everyone yell out in admiration. There was a girl, charmingly bowing down to people. As she stood up straight, I had the chance to inspect her better.

She was around my age, maybe slightly younger. She was wearing a scarlet leather jacket, a black top and a simple pair of jeans. Her hands were covered with matching black gloves, which were cut off, revealing her delicate fingers. Her hair was curled up, gently flowing down on her shoulders as she swiftly turned around to accept people's praise. One thing I was so drawn into was her eyes. Suddenly those eyes met mine, as a smirk took place on her face. She walked over to me, stopping as she was a few steps away.

"Sir, may I ask you to join my next act?" She held out her hand, raising her eyebrows. I hesitantly looked around before stepping over, getting claps from people around. I mean, I already had a rough day, what the hell could go wrong with this?

The girl smiled before holding up a deck of cards to the crowd and moving it in front of me. She said. "So, as you all can see, this is just simply a normal deck of cards, yes?"

As I lightly nodded, she started some quick shuffling and spreaded it out evenly in her hands, exposing to everyone absolutely normal cards. She then moved them them onto the table and turned away.

"Now, sir, I'd like you to pick a card and show it to everyone. Any card at your desire."

I slowly got a card out, which was King of Spades. I showed it to everyone, except from her, then waited for the next instructions.

"Did you all get that?" She asked the crowd, which got an agreeing cheer. "Now, don't show me the card just yet, sir. I'll need you to sign on the card, just to make sure I don't cheat or anything."

She then grabbed a Sharpie from her pocket, whispering. "What's your name, sir?"

"Harry." I got the pen from her hand, getting a nod from her.

"My pleasure, (Y/n)." She turned around. "As you can see, Mr. Harry here has signed onto the card, which I had no idea which card it was." She said, signaling me to show the signed card to the crowd. I held it up high into the air as she then told me to put it back to the deck.