The Matters Are Urgent

It had been a year since Chrysoberyl had last seen Merlinite. Once they had arrived at Homeworld, Merlinite immediately took her place as what she was made for, stating to the gems who greeted them that she had been left behind on an earth mission, which was the truth, but that she had been found and returned by the peridot who was with her after hearing her distress signal. Chrysoberyl, of course, was the 'peridot', shapeshifted, her true gem hidden by her outfit.
The gullible gems had believed the story and immediately sent Merlinite to take charge of one of White Diamond's nearby armies. The 'peridot' was sent to continue her 'classified' mission, as so she told the Homeworld gems.
"I'll find you again, I promise," Chrysoberyl had told Merlinite while the other Homeworld gems had been distracted. "But just in case, what is your name?"
     "Merlinite Facet 3 Cut 6XC. Got it? Don't forget! I can't find you by your name."
     "Right. I'll find Howlite. She'll help me find you. You've just got to trust me."
     "I do. But what if they find you out? What if you're shattered?! How will I know? I'll have to find Howlite, then."
     "I think it'll be pretty widespread news if Yellow Diamond's previous chrysoberyl is found as a stowaway on Homeworld. But don't worry, I'll be careful."
That was the last time Chrysoberyl had seen or heard anything from Merlinite, and vice-versa. In the following year, she'd been researching the whereabouts of white diamond's court, scouting abandoned kindergartens for left behind defects or chrysoberyls, and shapeshifting into many different gems to get the answers she needed.
She had poofed and stolen the identity of a yellow sapphire to get to the point she was at. It had taken a year to find a high ranking gem on diamond's orders to see this certain howlite, make sure the gem was the same color as her so her shapeshifting wouldn't give herself away, and then get that gem alone to poof her. The moment had finally come. Shaking with anticipation (and the strain of shapeshifting), Chrysoberyl nodded to dismiss the amethyst and the ruby who had escorted her to the door, which was immediately opened for her by a gray pearl. "Your clarity," she said, bowing and making the symbol of the diamonds.
"I'm here to see Howlite Facet 1 Cut 1XA in private on special request from the diamonds. I have important information to share with her," Chrysoberyl told the pearl while she trembled slightly with the length of her shapeshifting.
"Yes, of course. She's been expecting you. Right this way." The Pearl motioned in the direction of the room Howlite was said to be in, but always made sure to stay a few steps behind Chrysoberyl.
"Hurry, please," Chrysoberyl said, her teeth gritted in effort. "The matters are urgent."
The pearl's eyes widened in worry, perhaps, as she said, "Yes, your clarity." As they approached the door, the pearl rushed to open it.
As soon as the door was open, though she hated to say it, Chrysoberyl said, "That will be all." She had never said that to any of her own gems, but she had stolen the identity of a sapphire who definitely would say such things. She entered the room and the door shut behind her.
The room was gigantic, beautiful, and advanced. In the middle of the room was a table, screens on it were feeding technology through. And sitting at the table was the gem that perfectly fit the Crystal Gem Pearl's description. But even through the pain, Chrysoberyl knew she couldn't shapeshift back yet. It might startle Howlite. Howlite didn't even know who she was yet. Howlite thought she was someone else. "Ah, you're here." Howlite looked up from her work and beconed for Chrysoberyl to sit at the table with her.
Chrysoberyl rushed to sit and stumbled over her words. "H-hello. I-I... y-you, erhm..."
"What's the matter? You don't look so well. Could my pearl do anything to make you more comfortable?" Howlite asked. She took a breath to call her servant in.
"No!" Chrysoberyl hadn't meant to shout. Howlite looked taken aback.
"My stars, I was only trying to be polite, my friend." Howlite had a sharp edge to her voice. Well, since she was such a high ranking gem, especially on the court, she had to be strict. Just because she had been a Crystal Gem didn't mean she was any less provoking than any other Homeworld gems. In fact... did she even side with the Crystal Gems anymore? Chrysoberyl got more nervous by the second.
"N-no, I mean," she said, quieter. "Please, I have something very important to discuss with you."
"Of course. That's why you're here, after all."
"No, something even more urgent than that... I'm not really who you think I am."
"Sapphire, we've met once before. Have you forgotten so soon?"
"Howlite, just listen to me. In what I'm about to do, you must stay very quiet, do you hear me?"
"You're acting very strange, Sapphire. Are you sure my servants can't do anything for you?"
Chrysoberyl glared at Howlite as best as she could with one eye and bangs. "Be quiet. I'm serious."
"You can't tell me what to do. I'm at just a high rank as you. And I'm completely serious as well. Now, calm down. Let's talk about what you were sent for."
"Oh, I'll show you exactly why I've come." Chrysoberyl released her shapeshift and reverted to her original form.
There stood Chrysoberyl, at last face to face with Howlite.