Chapter 47

Vash was starting to question the use of the 'groups' they'd been put in. The second everyone had got into the building, they'd all split up and gone off on their own accord, or met up with others and continued with them. He hadn't seen anyone from his group since Ludwig marched around a corner away from him and disappeared behind a wall. Currently, he was stood in the middle of a crossroad watching Elizaveta spin on her heel, frying pan clutched tightly in one hand, watching every corridor at once, and Roderich scratch his head in what seemed to be confusion. He sighed and leant against a wall, arms folded, glaring about the place they were in.

This was the counterparts home, or something like it. This was where they always held meetings, where they stayed, ate, laughed, tortured, talked, practised and socialised. This was where they all met with their friends, their siblings, because although he didn't like to think about it,  they did have those too, even if they seemed too cold hearted a lot of the time to. And they had taken that away from him when they killed Lili.

Most of the others thought he was getting over it already; thought that he had recovered mostly.

They were wrong. He just hid that particular emotion well.

Vash frowned at the floor, shaking his head a little. He was starting to get emotional again. There was no use in that happening at this moment in time was there?

He glanced up at Roderich and Elizaveta, who were both fixed on a certain corridor.

"We should move" Elizaveta muttered.

"What's happened?" Vash leaned away from the wall and unfolded his arms.

Roderich started a little as he did it. "Nothing" he said, smiling a little and taking his arm, leading him away down another corridor. "Now, we're here to find Francis and Sadik, and Toris and Raivis if they've been taken here aren't we? So..."

"What are you doing?" Vash shook him away and turned around, only to be faced by Elizaveta, who steered him past Roderich.

"There's nothing down either of those corridors" she sang. "So we can go and look for another, preferably with doors which can help on finding... people."

"Who's down there?" Vash asked, stepping away from her and folding his arms again.

"No one, no one" Elizaveta laughing, rubbing the back of her head.

Vash frowned and stepped around her.

"No, Vash" Roderich tried to grab onto the smaller man but missed. "You heard Elizaveta's point in the meeting. We can go against all them that we want, but we have to expect to die too."

"I don't care" Vash grunted, coming to the crossroad again and looking down the corridors. At the end of one were four figures, which at first, he didn't recognise at all. He stared at them for a while, none of them seeming to recognise him, before one stepped back a little, a blank look on her face, and at that moment, he knew every single one.

"Liesel" he shouted, all the rage and hate that had been cooped up inside of him bursting out now.

"Vash, calm down" Elizaveta tried, moving forwards to try and restrain him, but stopped half way there and pulled herself back.

Vash marched down the corridor, face bright red, and swung his gun off his shoulder, loading it in a second.

Liesel flinched at the sound of her name and turned around, not recognising him for a second before smirking and muttering something to the person beside her, who turned out to be Voss. His shoulders sank and he turned around to start towards Vash.

"H... hi... err... was it Vash?" Voss held his hands out in front of him as though it were a truce agreement. "How are you doing today? I... err... haven't seen you in a while."