Chapter 21

What is this shocking turn of events? A new, random update? On a Tuesday (at least, that's the day it is here)? Basically, I have GCSEs and revision and my parents are already trying to kick me off Wattpad so I'm going to vanish soon, so I want to have as much done in this book as possible before then, because I can't see this ending anytime soon XD I'll try and get back after as quickly as I can, but for the time being, I'll try and update as much as I can. Happy readings. Hope this chapter is alright ^-^
MiddleEarth4eva

Do you remember me?

Lovino stared at the thick pad in Feliciano's hand, reading the letters drawn on in black marker pen before shaking his head. "No. I swear I've never seen you before in my life."

Feliciano's eyes went downcast before he turned the page and started writing again.

What do you remember?

Lovino thought for a second before shrugging. "I don't really know. I remember... uh... a blonde guy in sunglasses and... a guy with a knife but... that's it. That's everything."

Who are you?

Lovino frowned. "What is that supposed to mean?" he snapped. "Who am I? That's what you're supposed to help me figure out. Or do you not know either? I am..." he trailed off and gestured to himself. "You called me Lovino Vargas, so that's clearly my name. The bastard out there told me I am twenty two, so that's how old I am, and from what I know, I'm just a baker. There's nothing important about me, about my life, I'm less than an ordinary person, but you seem to think I'm  bigger and better." He seemed to be getting frustrated now, shouting and standing up to wave his arms around. "Well I'm not okay. I'm not important. I'm not big, I'm less than normal okay, and that's what you have to understand, because however much you think I'm, your brother, as you say, I'm not. Where ever your brother is right now, I hope he's having a good time, but you'll have to deal with his absence alright, because I'm not who you say I am, I'm not anything important, and I'm not your brother."

The speech ended with Antonio appearing at the door, his sword strapped to his waist.

"Listen Lovi, that's what they're making you believe alright? That's what they're telling you is reality, but really..."

"No, don't you start up as well bastard" Lovino yelled. "You two have literally kidnapped me from my home, my work. I have things to do, so if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to them."

Antonio sighed. "I don't know how to prove this" he said. "So you'll just have to trust me on this one. You're one of us. Feliciano is your brother, younger by two years. I'm... I guess you could say I'm some sort of step-brother? But we're not actually related."

So if you wanted to marry him, you could

Feliciano wrote, beaming at the end of it, making Lovino blush.

"See, like you, we're not mortal, there's a whole group of us who aren't. We're referred to as nations" Antonio continued. "Every country, micronation and group of islands is personified by a person, like us, a non-mortal. I personify Spain, Feliciano is North Italy, and you're South Italy." Antonio hesitated to glanced at Lovino, who looked completely lost. "Is this making any sense at all?"

"No" Lovino admitted. "But carry on anyway."

Antonio nodded. "Each country actually has two personifications: a good one, like us, and a bad one. Currently, the bad ones and trying to literally take over the world. A couple of weeks ago, you and Feliciano were both taken by them. Feliciano was returned to us mute." To emphasise, Feliciano opened his mouth to show him the plaque across his tonuge. "And you've come back not knowing who you are or who we are."

Don't forget Lucia and Sebastian

"Ah yes" Antonio laughed. "And your older brother and little sister are also missing, taken hostage too we assume, but they've not come back yet."

Lovino nodded slowly. "So... you're saying... I basically have more power over South Italy than the government do?"

"Kinda" Antonio said. "It's sorta like that."

"And... these bad halves, they want to take over the world because..."

The room went silent and Antonio sighed. "I don't know."

Lovino raised an eyebrow. "I'm only believing you because you couldn't make this up if you tried."

Antonio laughed. "That's fine."

The phone rang from in the hall. Feliciano leapt up and had got halfway to the door before halting and turning round sadly, going back to sit down. Antonio tussled his hair as he walked past and picked up the phone. The conversation was muffled and in fluent and rapid Spanish, so neither Lovino or Feliciano could understand what they were saying.

"About this whole... counterpart-y thing" Lovino said. "What?"

Feliciano picked up his pad from where it had fallen on the floor when he'd jumped up and started scribbling.

It happened a few years ago. Pretty much everyone died, but then they all came back to life, because we're nations. It was pretty messy back then, and now it's happening again, but on a larger scale.

"What do you mean?" Lovino frowned.

Feliciano glared at him in a way that said 'let me finish' and he put his hands up in surrender.

There are more people involved this time. I saw at least fifty I guess, but that's just a guess.

Lovino nodded and sat back in his seat, his frown deepening. "This is weird. This whole thing is just... weird. Feliciano nodded, giving him a sad smile and put down his pad.

Then, Antonio walked in, eyes wide, staring at the ground, the phone no longer clutched in his hand.

"That was... um... that was the Seborga government then" he said, looking at them both in turn. "They've found Sebastian, and Vatican City have found Lucia."

Feliciano leapt to his feet, grinning and picked up his pad.

"But Feli" Feliciano froze and stared at him. "They're... they're dead."