Chapter 9

Why is my dad happily talking to my mom? What kind of sick world is this?

"What the hell are you doing here?" I scream at him. I give him a dirty, disgusted look. I don't remove my eyes from his. Both of my parents' gazes turn to me. My mom is looking shocked and my dad is just startled. But he deserves it for everything he's put us through. For everything he's put me through. I admit he has changed a lot. I almost didn't recognise him.

"What are you talking about, honey?" She tries to calm me. But my emotions are going to break me any minute. I'm either going to break down or lash out.

"Are you blind, that's dad." As soon as I let that slip my mom's eyes grow wide and annoyed. They flicker a bit of sadness before they turn completely back to rage. Same here. We're both feeling the same emotions. The awkwardness grows. I pity him. Sike.

"Michael, what the hell are you doing-" He just stormed out. No words. He cut off mom mid sentence with a door slam as she tried to follow him. Wait until she hears the rest of the story. About Via. I just broke my own pact, to not tell him. I just couldn't help it. My mom will be broken all over again. But I'm telling her it because if she finds out in her own, I'll be in trouble.

Mom walks back into the room with her shoulders drooped. I know she's tired and confused of the drama. With work and all she doesn't need all this extra weight.

"Mom. I need to tell you something-"

"It can wait-"

"No. Now." I say sternly. I give a firm stare to let off the vibe that I really need to speak to her. So I did. I told her everything. I may have left her name out though. If mom found out she'd storm right there. It's best to say I don't know about that right now. At first, she seemed so calm. But then she stood up, looked me in the eye and said the one thing I hate. The one thing I thought I'd never hear again.

"You've ruined everything, again." She says before stomping her big ass feet up the stairs. And for once it sounded like she actually meant it, that hurt the most. Knowing I'd messed up again. But she'll have to get over it. She has work, she has no time to act sulky. I knew something was going to happen. I had this gut feeling ever since we moved here. It's not fun to have divorced parents. Consider yourself lucky to have parents that have endless love for you and each other. Because that is rare these days.

I decide to go out again. I have spare crutches in the storage closet. Just gotta hop over there. I balance myself and move towards the door. I open it and grab the crutches and head for the door. Shoot, my keys. I need to try and make it upstairs. I left them on the window sill that displays a beautiful view of the front of the house. And avoid mom, because who has effort for her moody ass anyways? Not me for sure. I manage to make it up the stairs after many attempts. The door bell goes and my mom grumpily grunts that she'll get it. I roll my hazel eyes and move towards the window. Something smells. Why not open the windows?

The cool breeze is refreshing. Footsteps come up the stairs as I'm half leaning out the window, using the window sill for support as my crutches rest on the floor. I guess it's my mom's heavy-footed feet that came up the stairs.

That was until I was pushed out of my open window. I was falling, but I didn't hit the ground and I'm as confused as hell. What happened? I had tightened my eyes shut because I thought it would've been a massive hit. Maybe even enough to kill me. But as I open my eyes my body gets it's common sense back. And I realise I'm being held bridal style by River Collins. The person I hate. Yet, he's still here outside my house. He saved my life right after he wrecked it. And I didn't know what to feel for that? Forgiving? Hating? I have no clue.

River helps me balance back on the ground as I do a flamingo pose whilst leaning against him. Why the hell would my mom push me out the window? My heart is still going one hundred miles per hour as I look into River's stern green eyes.

"You okay?" He asks so gently. He's acting as if our argument was nothing and as if it didn't happen. Whoa.

"Just issues with my mom." I say louder than I was anticipating, looking up to the window where I was pushed.

"Your mom pushed you?" He exaggerates the question. My mom has done worse things. But that was ages ago. I thought she had gotten over her alcohol issues. I look down at the floor and nod. We're still in the same position. My hands on hips shoulders and his hands around my waist almost in a hugging position. Almost.

"It's really nothing, she-" I decided to stop there. I remembered I hated this guy. Right, hated. Key word; hated. I don't know anymore. He saved me from actual death since I was on the third floor of my house. The only way to thank him is forgive him. I guess.

"I forgive you."

"Thank you, Lord." He sighs with relief and I giggle mentally. Suddenly, I'm being pulled into a big bear hug as he engulfs me into his sweet smelling scent. It smells of mango and passion fruit. Love mango and passion fruit.

"Mango and passion fruit?" I say as we stand there hugging.

"It was my sisters, I didn't see it." He sighs as he realises what he had done. I dig my face in his neck and cry of laughter. I love reading moments like these in romance novels, and here I am, experiencing my own. I feel pretty safe as well.

What are you starting, River?

***********
HIYA FOLKS. SO I LOVE THIS EPISODE SO JUICY!!
BTW IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED THE CHAPTER COVERS REPRESENT AN EVENT THAT HAPPENS IN THE EPISODE. I'M STARTING THAT PATTERN :D
DON'T ASK WHY I TALK IN CAPS ALL THE TIME IT'S ONLY BECAUSE THEN IT'LL CATCH YO EYES

OK NOW GO VOMMENT ALL MY STORIES
OR I'LL FIND YOU
AND STEAL YOUR FOOD
OOOOOOOOOOOO
ARMY ANYWAY OK

Peace,
ally