M E M O R I E S

~ Some people don't realize what they have until it's gone, but that does not always mean they are supposed to get it back

~R E C A P : August and Jasmine was at the kitchen table eating breakfast. August asked Jasmine if they were more than "friends" buh Jasmine ...

• Jasmine's pov •

Tbh I don't know if we are or not. like there's things in life that I wasn't prepared and only he knows.

~ Flashback to when I was 12

I wasn't like other girls. I traded dolls for cars and diaries for comic books. me and august each had a walkie talkie , I was under my covers with a flashlight and a new edition of marvels superheroes. we were both giggling and laughing talking to each other. suddenly I heard a squeaky noise in my room. I set my walkie talkie to when only I can talk and august was silent. I peeked my head out of under the covers and saw a strange figure. "hello?" I said. then the figure approached me. it was a guy , tall,build, caramel toned. "hey sweetie" he sat at the edge of my bed. "uhm hi , isn't it past your bedtime?" I asked him as stupid as I am I didn't know what I was saying. "No No No sweetie isn't it past yours ..." he got closer "you know what they do to girls who's bad" he started touching my leg going up to my private part. "Uhmmm don't touch me" I slapped his hand off. he grabbed both my legs and pulled me towards him. he climbed ontop of me . I was struggling hitting him to get off of me crying for help . he ripped off my Barbie underwear making my private part hurts. I was crying I kept hitting him scratching him slapping him in the face. he grabbed both my hands and pinned them hard against the bed. my voice was becoming weak and weak as he forced himself in me. I cried . again and again .I felt something run down my legs I was crying and crying. i was hurting in pain. this went on for hours , after he was done he whispered " you wouldn't have gotten a punishment if you were a good girl" then he walked out.

(A/n: statue of Rape limitations was well is five years )

I got up and put on some big baggy pants grabbed some extra clothes then snuck out the window I walked to his house which wasn't that far away. I felt lost and crazed . I knocked on the door , Mrs. Alsina opened up for me. "what's wrong sweetie, have you been crying?" I nodded my head. " come in." I walked in the house and saw august running downstairs , then up to me holding me tight. "I'm so sorry ..." August whispered in my ear. "do y'all mind telling me what happened cause I'm gonna have to call your motha jasmine" I looked at august , he nodded his head "I was raped" tears started streaming down my face . she grabbed my arm and pulled me in closer. " we are going to the police then hospital okay." I nodded my head . "this can only stay between us" we all pinky sweared.

~ F L A S H B A C K to when I was 14

Supposedly pictures was leaked of me naked in the shower was leaked all over the internet. people bullied me at school , I started cutting myself. "Ms.Tullo can you please bring jasmine to the office please?" I heard the intercom say. " she will be right down. " I got up and walked to the office. as I entered I saw two police men in there. " sit down jasmine" I sat down and looked up. "whats this about?" I was shaking my leg. "the guy who raped you two years ago escaped from prison and is now after you and your mother. we already have your mom in custody at the precinct we gonna need you to pack your stuff and we have to leave immediately." after I did as told I was accompanied back to the house. then I saw a moving van , Then I saw august and his mom. I got out the car and ran up to august . I gave him the tightest hug ever then out eyes met then I kissed him. he kissed back . " We have to go august" " we have to go jasmine" I let go of august then hugged mama bye then waved as I ran back to the car. I thought that was the end of me and August.

~ F L A S H B A C K O V E R 🙅

August . he was the love of my life. August was there for me. August was the only person besides mama who really gets me. "August .... I-"I stuttered "nah save it , it's okay I guess " he looked down and started jacking my food. i slapped his hand. "before you interrupted me and jacked my good I was gonna say I don't ask guys to be my boyfriend I ain't desperate " I giggled then he held me in close and tight then kissed me for a long time. "Jasmine through all the shit that we been through from the past and now. your my best friend my diary my A1 and now I want to be more than that ..." he got down on one knee "Will you marry me?" tears rushed down my face. is this a little to early. buh shut up and do what's right for you. "yes I will marry

~ A U G U S T ' S P O V

few hours passed and jasmine and I got the house ready . kids safe environment and waited in the living room til the kids came.

She said yes I can't believe she said yes aaaaaah I'm so gassed

Then there was a knock at the door ...

~ how did i do?

~ comment

~ vote