Part 1.1 Fine Art of Finesse

It's been about a month since me and Jake kissed. I'm still terrified each day that out parents will figure out but I won't have to for a while since they decided to finally go on their honeymoon while Lucy goes to our grandma's house for a week so that we don't have to watch her. We said our goodbyes to her yesterday and I felt like I was going to cry but, gladly, didn't.

I was sitting in the living room watching one of my "overly dramatic" shows, as Jake puts it while eating a bowl of grapes. It was like once I turned 15, I started really liking those types of shows. It's like, once you turn into a woman, you start watching these cheesy soap operas and end up really liking them.

I sighed and smiled at the show before feeling a kiss on my temple. I looked to my left, where it came from and smiled, seeing my dad.

"Were packed and ready to leave tomorrow. Should we just order chinese?" He asked, sitting next to me, taking a grape from my bowl. I nodded smiling, Chinese being our favorite of all the cultural foods we like to try.

"You know my usual." I smiled, pausing my show to get up and go to the kitchen to grab the menu from the fridge. I have it to him then got a cup out of the cupboard to get a glass of water. I hummed as cubes of ice dropped into my cup from the fridge then a clear liquid spill into it. I smiled and walked back into the living room and saw Jake replaced the spot my dad was just in. I looked around and saw the door to the back porch close. I smiled and sat in my spot and kissed Jake's cheek before taking a sip of my water. I sat down my glasses on the coffee table then picked up a grape and threw it at him. He laughed a bit and grabbed it and put it in his mouth, chewing it. I giggled and got up to put the empty bowl in the sink and stretched. I looked at the time as there was a knock on the door.

I watched my dad come out from the back porch and Jakes mom walk down the stairs. I sat back down in my spot smiling as my dad came back with the food, setting it all out on the coffee table. Jakes mom walked in with plates, forks, and spoons for all of us and we all thanked her. Our parents sat down and we all ate while watching a show called Criminal Minds on Netflix.

Jake and I kept glancing at each other as we ate, smiling a little each time.

I soon finished eating before everyone and brought my plate and silverware to the sink, setting them in their place. I then walked to my room as Jake texted me.

From Jake at 5:47 pm:

Hanging out with Mike tonight. Come with?

I smiled and texted back a quick sure then sat my phone on my bed and walked to my closet.

I walked back upstairs fixing my eyelash and stuffing my phone in my back pocket. I opened the back porch door and saw Jake wearing a plain white t shirt and black adidas sports pants and his new "gucci" flip flops which were actually not that expensive. Mikey was next to him with a Google home in his hand. He was wear a black AcDc shirt with black pants. I laughed a little and looked at mine and Jakes parents and saw them laying on the couch with each other. I smiled and walked out then leaned down and kissed Jakes forehead. I saw him look up at me and smile before hearing Lilly come up the side of the house.

"Help me I'm being chased by a brazilian!" She screamed and ran behind me. We soon watched as Ademir ran up, his shirt off and tied around his head. In Lillies hand writing, it said "I give no fucks about those big booty bitches" on his stomach in black sharpie, making me, Jake, and Mikey start dying from laughter. Ademir joined us before putting his shirt back on.

He walked up behind me and held Lilly close as we all calmed down. I sat behind Jake, setting both legs on either side of him and fixed then back of his hair.