Chapter 42:

Elise

Good morning I guess? Why didn't Kevin open the curtains? It's damn pitch black!

I opened my eyes and checked the clock, it's 5:08 am.. That's why..

I try to move, but it's too tight in here.. When I moved to check what was blocking me, I was surprised.

Kevin was sleeping next to me.. And he looked shivering. I got my cotton blanket and placed it over him.. That should do it..

I opened my book light and dimmed it a bit. I faced it to Kevin, I love how his bangs cover his eyes when sleeping. And sometimes, he smiles.. What is he thinking in his sleep?

Just looking at him.. So cute... 

I closed the lights since the day gets lighter and lighter..

I stared at him for a few moments. And closed my eyes again.. I faced him..

Until I feel something over me, it was the blanket I gave him, Then he hugged me.

Is this a dream? Or is he the one dreaming?

I just felt loved. Protected. He'd never leave my side.

I'd always thought I only liked him as a crush and a best friend. I thought wrong.. Was I, inlove with him already?

I checked the clock again.. it was 5:45.. I felt like he protected me everyday...

I smiled and closed my eyes.

I slept again, feeling very happy about Kevin.

I opened my eyes to a surprise, it was already 6:15 am.

And Kevin left again.. He opened the curtains and fixed some things. I felt bad..

"Elise? Are you awake yet?" Kevin shouted, I guess he's making breakfast..

"Yeah, yeah I'm up!" I shouted back. 

"Well you better hurry cause the bacon and eggs are getting cold.." He said as I went down the stairs.

"Bacon? Eggs? Dude, you really can cook!" I said as I ran down the stairs and hugged him as he hugged back.

"Elise, you know you have a fever.. right?" Kevin asked.

"Hmm? A fever? I don't remembe-" I stopped as I felt my neck by my hands. I was hot as a kettle..

"Go sit fast and eat, so you can go to bed easily..." Kevin said, worried.

"Oh... okay..." I sighed.

The breakfast day was very quiet, I didn't know I even had a fever..

"You should go and get some rest, I'll bring some soup for you after I clean up." Kevin said.

"Oh okay... But.. Stay with me? Before I sleep?" I asked even if I wasn't looking at him, I was blushing.

"Of course, I'll be up after.." He smiled as I continue to walk back to my room.

Would I ever think? That Kevin Reyes, could ever love me, as much as I loved him?

I couldn't think straight now..

I stared at the ceiling for a moment.. Would I believe that he could even, feel the same way?

I got my phone and started texting Ivy, I need some girl help.

Elicious: 

Hey, are you free at 2? Need you here at the house ASAP. txt back~

Then got her reply:

LilIvy:

Sorry, have some plans with Miguel this afternoon. Maybe next week? txt back ;)

I didn't reply at all.. No one wanted to comfort me... Just Kevin.

I checked the clock, it's 9:30 am. I couldn't think anymore. Was I really inlove with him? Or is it that I'm too close to him that I like him too much?

I got up and went to the big window with a mini bed side with pillows and stuff. When I was a kid, I used to always pretend I'm a damsel in distress, waiting for my prince charming to come and rescue me.

My mom sometimes highlighted my hair when I was 10, she'd make it gold, pink, violet, any color she could make off..

My dad doesn't visit me anymore.. He'd never send me a message of Facebook or even text me. He was a play boy back then. So in the end, I never see him.. For the past 4 years of my life.

My mom, on the other hand, works alot just for my health and education, I tried being a working student, but it doesn't fit me since I'm only 14.

If I only wonder, what would happen if I get to find the perfect guy like Kevin? Would he be surprised? Or just let him flow of staying as friends.. I don't know.

I closed the windows and the inner curtains. I could feel my heart break.. I didn't even notice, I was already crying.

Then I hear someone opening the door, Kevin was holding my tray of soup and juice. He placed them on my mini counter top and looked at me in curiosity..

"Hey, are you crying again?" Kevin asked. No, Kevin, I'm not crying, my eyes were drooling..

"What do you think Reyes? Do you think I'm not crying?" I said as more tears come out.

"Come on, you already have a fever and now you're crying.. It might get worse.." Kevin sighed.

"Kevin, do you like me?" I asked as I walk to my mini countertop with my soup.

"Of course, as a friend.. Right?" Kevin answered. Well damn your lost..

"Yeah yeah... " I said as I slurped the soup quietly,

"Do you need anything else?" Kevin asked.

I need you. I said to myself. Make up your mind Elise Daryle Taylor!

"Nothing.." I lied out, thinking he might leave..

"I'll still be here for you, you don't need to force me to leave.." Kevin said. Is he serious?

"There, finished." I said as I slurped the whole bowl of soup and ran to bed.

"Well that was quick, I'll get you new clothes.." Kevin said as he opened my closet. 

He found a plain sky blue shirt and some denim shorts.. And gave it to me while he closed the bathroom door.

I changed and went back to bed.

"Are you sure you're alright? Do you need anything else?" Kevin asked as he smiled, showing his cute dimple on his right cheek.

"Stay here? Until I feel better?" I said as I moved to the side of the walls and giving space for him. What was I doing?!

"Okay, but just for today okay?" Kevin said as he layed down beside me.

"Thank you.." I said in a sleepy voice.

This day was kind of tiring.. But surely tomorrow, something bad is going to happen..

I closed my eyes, facing Kevin's direction. And suddenly, he hugged me again... Then I really fell asleep.

- Tomorrow, is another perfect day with him..