Chapter 11 - In Between

You stalled going back to Rick and the others. Walking around you ended up in your room and sat down on the bed. For a while, you just stared at the picture of Abraham on your nightstand. Actually, you hadn't been here in days because you had been staying with Ezekiel, so it felt a bit odd to be sitting here again. Abraham didn't answer your silent questions on what to do, though, and looking at him was harder now that the pain was more present again... that the others were more present.

So you decided to do what you had to do and went looking for where your group was staying. The Kingdom was still the same, apparently no one really noticed what was going on and you were grateful for that. You wondered if the people would want to fight if they knew of the Saviors, or if they didn't want their loved ones to get hurt in a fight with a questionable outcome.

You were asking yourself the same thing, but you couldn't back away from the fight. You had to do it for Abraham. And of course for everyone else who had suffered because of Negan, maybe even for Ezekiel and the Kingdom.

The others had been brought to some rooms they could stay in. You quickly found them, being greeted by Tara. They were all sitting together, it wasn't that late yet after all, and they had nothing to do but wait. You had an idea on how disgruntled they were.

"Hey," you greeted them, sitting down next to Carl.

The atmosphere was a bit tense, at least until you decided to ask them what had happened since you were away. Then it just got worse. They told you everything – how Negan came to Alexandria and took anything he wanted, how Carl went to the Saviors, how Negan brought him back and then killed Spencer, how Olivia got shot, how he took Eugene after Rosita tried to shoot him, how Daryl fled and got to the Hilltop. You were sure they left out some details but it was still a lot you had to process after they were finished. Everything had just spiraled down to this point, to this fight, and now you saw clearer than ever how necessary it really was.

"Do you think he'll help us? The king?" Tara asked you then.

"I don't know, really," you answered. "We're gonna find a way, no matter what he says."

"Yea? Really?" Rosita asked you. "Would you even fight with us? I'm not so sure if you're still loyal."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She scoffed. "You left, you wouldn't have come back."

"Of course I would have," you assured them, everyone was pretty much staring at you right now.

"Oh come on, I saw you earlier. You and the king," Rosita spit out. "Pretty obvious that you're fucking him. How far up his ass are you? Did you forget about us?"

You felt your cheeks getting hot, actually you didn't want them to know that you were with Ezekiel. And you didn't know what to say now.

"That true?" Daryl asked into the silence that followed.

You swallowed hard before answering. "I'm with him, yes. But I made it clear that I would go and fight with you. He knows that. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, it's complicated."

"Yea sure," Rosita just muttered.

"Hey, we don't know what happened here," Rick chimed in. "We all know you would have come back. That's not our problem now. We just need the Kingdom to fight with us."

"(Y/N) can convince him then," Rosita said.

A deep sigh escaped you that sounded more annoyed than you wanted. It was obvious that she was pissed off and to some extent you understood that. Ever since you had met her when she was with Abraham back then, Rosita didn't really like you. Maybe because with that she wasn't the only woman in his life anymore. Or maybe it was just because you never really got along in general. When Abraham decided to be with Sasha, you definitely understood him and supported his decision. You knew about his past and how he had suffered after losing his family. He had deserved to be happy, and you knew he would have been able to with Sasha.