03. The Forbidden Castle

As the sun began to set, dark clouds were soon forming above as Yugi traveled through the rather eerie forest. The only sounds that reached his ears were the leaves crunching under his shoes and the low wind that gave a strange howl. He clung to his jacket for warmth, trying to ignore the chilling December wind as a strange, uneasy feeling tingled up his spine. Something felt off, but Yugi didn't know why. He did know, however, that it was getting late and there was no town in sight. Was he lost, he wondered. No, he knew where he was going, it just must've taken him longer than he anticipated though, seeing as he was only halfway to the next village. The loss of light was making it more and more difficult for Yugi to see, especially when it was just starting to snow. Not much, but enough to leave some on the ground. He got ready to just set up camp where he was, until a strange light caught the corner of his eye. He glanced up to see a bright, crimson red glow shining from above in what looked to be a window in a very tall tower.

Maybe someone there can lend me a room for the night... Yugi thought to himself. I won't stay longer than I have to, just tonight that way I can head to the next town. The spiky haired teen clenched the straps on his bag as he made his way toward the shining light.

As he made his way to that gleaming red light, that uneasy feeling still lingered in the back of his mind, but that light just felt so alluring. It was almost as if it was calling out to Yugi, begging him to come towards it. However, the teen came to an abrupt stop when the small, golden pyramid shaped pendent around his neck began to shine faintly, forcing Yugi to stop. That was strange... He thought. My necklace has never done that. Is it trying to warn me of something?

It was then he heard dark laughter, instantly lifting his gaze to see a shape-shifting werewolf before him. He had spiked silver hair which framed fierce dark brown eyes and a smirk to go along with it. He slowly approached Yugi, the teen noting a strange ring with dangling spikes around his neck. Yugi began to back away, the fear and adrenaline coursing through his body. This creature didn't say a word, he just kept chuckling with such an eerie tone. Why wouldn't he say anything? Why does he just keep laughing like that? And why does not saying anything feel that much more terrifying? His silence killed Yugi, and that laughter only made his heart heat faster. The fear, the adrenaline, it all made Yugi tense...

He continued to slowly back away, holding onto his pendent tightly just as the male approached him, gripping his shoulder. He cringed slightly at how strong his grip was, and Yugi was sure he wasn't even holding him that hard. The silverette smirked when he saw that glimpse of pain wash over Yugi's face, and it enticed him even more as he used his other hand to snatch the spiky haired teen's wrist. He cringed again at how strong his death grip was just as he was yanked forward, the two face to face.

"Oh, we are going to have some fun..." He smirked, suddenly digging his nails into Yugi's shoulder, which caused another reaction.

"Nnn...!?" He cringed.

His nails, they're stabbing into my shoulder... I think it might be bleeding, but...I've gotta get away from this guy and fast before he tries anything else.

Yugi glared, not ready to be this guy's plaything as he quickly sent his knee into the creature's stomach. He gasped out, releasing Yugi, who made a run for that same blue light that still shined brightly, gripping his throbbing shoulder as he ran. He ran as fast as he could just as the wolf creature gave a growl, calling out the rest of his pack as they chased after the teen, the snow coming down violently, clouding his vision a bit. When Yugi reached the large gate, he tried to open it, but found there was a large lock on it, giving a frustrated growl. However, before he could try to mess around with the lock to try and open it, the pendent around his neck began to glow again. Then suddenly, the lock came unlatched. Yugi didn't question it though as he bursted through the gates and slammed them shut, closing the lock back so the wolf creatures couldn't come in after him. He panted heavily as he backed away from the gate, the wolves barking and howling at him as Yugi gave a small smirk.