04. The Dragon King

Yugi's eyes slowly fluttered open as he awoke from his peaceful slumber in a large and beautifully decorated room. The bed was fit for a king with a silk canopy, the blankets a shade of deep violet. The sheets were soft, much softer than any rose petal, and the pillows no different. The deep violet along with the crimson red made a beautiful combination, mixing perfectly. In the room he rested in, there was a large Cherrywood dresser, a fireplace made of brick, a carpet made of velvet, walls painted that same deep violet, and a large window with a balcony, navy blue black-out curtains covering it to keep the room dark for anyone who slept in it. However, a thought occurred to the teen. He didn't remember coming into this room. All Yugi could remember was sitting in that small room by the fireplace. He then realized he must've fallen asleep, which begged the question: How did he get there? Yugi thought for a moment before tossing the covers off his body and climbing out of bed, stretching the tiredness from his body. After letting out a soft yawn, he went over to the large window, pushing the curtains open only to see the raging snow storm outside.

I'm glad I found this castle when I did since it looks like I'm gonna be here for a while...

Suddenly, there was a gentle knock on the door, Yugi closing the curtains as Mana entered the room. "I hope you slept well." She smiled. "I also brought you a change of clothes." Mana handed a folded up pair of clothing to Yugi as he approached her.

"I actually don't remember coming up here..." He then said, taking the clothing from her.

"Yes. You fell asleep in the chair downstairs, so I asked the master to take you upstairs. He did protest at first, but I managed to convince him to come out of his chambers that he always seems to lock himself away in."

"Oh... Well can you thank him for me if I don't see him?"

She gave a nod. "Of course, and the washroom in down this hallway, first door on the left. Feel free to bathe, if you wish."

"Thank you for all you've done, but I really should be going."

"Not in this weather." Mana protested. "Even my master doesn't want for you to go out in this storm, it is much too dangerous. So, he insists, please stay, plus, you need to let your injuries heal."

Yugi gave a sigh in defeat. "Yes, but--"

"I don't want any arguments. You're staying here where it's safe and warm. I promise we'll take good care of you, Yugi, because you really are not bother at all. Now please, relax." She then turned and exited the room, closing the door behind herself.

The teen stood there for a long moment before heading off for a shower. Maybe that's what he needed to help ease his mind. Yugi exited the bedroom and went for the washroom, flicking the light on to see a large and glorious bathroom before him. He gasped in awe before shaking his head, returning back to reality as he turned the water on for a shower. When the warm water hit his back, the teen shivered slightly at the warm sensation it gave him. It washed his hair and body, not wanting to take up too much time before climbing out and dressing himself in the clothes Mana gave him. It consisted of a black, long sleeve shirt; black pants with matching belt; and a grey, sleeveless vest.

Exiting the bathroom, Yugi went to explore to castle to try and get a better read on his surroundings. As he walked down the dimly lit hallways, his only solace was the sounds of his black, buckle shoes tapping against the marble flooring. He gazed around him as he walked, glancing at all the statues and paintings. Suddenly though, Yugi heard loud footsteps coming from the next hallway, quickening his pace a bit. The teen glanced back and watched as a dark silhouette of what seemed to be a tall man slip into a room. Cautiously, Yugi followed after the figure as he entered the room only to find that silhouette standing by a very large window that led onto a balcony, the lights off to keep him in the shadows. Yugi was about to reach for the switch when a low, monster-like voice rang in the air.