07. Rescue Me

Yugi bursted through the double doors of the castle entrance into the blistering snow storm that raged on, gripping his bleeding arm. The icy snow thrashed against his body with tears sliding down from those violet eyes of his. Yugi knew he had disobeyed Yami, knew that he shouldn't have gone into the West Wing when he was specifically told not to, but he only wanted to get to know Yami, to try and befriend him if he was able. Yugi knew what it was like to be alone and he could tell that Yami was going through that pain and loneliness, so all he wanted was to try and ease that pain he felt. All he wanted was to help him like no one ever did for him...

The spiky haired teen continued to run through the relentless storm, the snow crunching under his feet, and he didn't stop running, not until his foot got caught under a large tree root. Yugi gasped as he tripped, crashing down into freezing snow, sliding to a stop. With his shaky arms, Yugi forced himself up from the snow, but shivered like mad while still gripping his bleeding arm. He glanced down to see blood staining the once pure white and that only made the tears in his eyes begin to fall again, trying to swipe them away with his other arm. However, with what little strength he had, Yugi forced himself up on his feet, falling against a tree for support. He could feel his lungs exploding from lack of breath, and breathing in this icy air didn't make things any better. His heart pounded against his ribcage, causing his chest to hurt as he tried to catch his breath, but the freezing air of the snow storm was making that very difficult. Yugi collapsed against the tree as the harsh wind thrashed against his body, causing his bleeding arm to hurt even more, though he couldn't tell if that was from the wound or from going numb due to the storm.

At this rate...I'll freeze to death, and my arm...it really hurts. When Yami yelled at me, he cut my arm, and it won't stop bleeding... What do I do? I can't go back there, not like that, but...I can't stay out here and freeze to death either... God, what do I do...?

"Well, well, we meet again."

"Ugh!?" Yugi quickly whipped around only to see the wolf he had escaped from before, Bakura, only now, he was in his human form.

"Looks like you've strayed for your nest, little birdie. How's about I help you get back!" Bakura said before pouncing forward, pinning Yugi down into the icy snow, who weakly struggled to try and get free.

"Get off of me!" He quickly protested.

"Oh, now, don't be so cruel. This won't hurt a bit, my pet." Bakura purred as he sniffed Yugi's neck, causing him to tense up at how close the werewolf was. "My, you certainly do smell quite nice... I can't wait to get a taste of you." He said, slowly reaching for the spiky haired teen's belt, which finally caused a reaction from Yugi.

"I said stop!!" He shouted, elbowing the wolf man in the face.

This caused Bakura to grunt in response, allowing Yugi to free himself in the small window of opportunity he was given, trying to escape. Bakura, however, growled, suddenly changing into his wolf form. "You little pest!" He growled, charging forward, Yugi quickly trying to make a run for it. Though, due to Yugi being a little on the shorter side and this whole situation not helping, soon enough, Bakura caught up to him, pinning Yugi down in the snow once again, but this time, dug his claws into Yugi's arms so that he couldn't fight back. "My, this blood of yours sure smells nice. You wouldn't mind if I tried it, would you?" He purred again, licking Yugi's cheek, which caused him to flinch.

"D-don't touch me...!" He hissed, trying to hold his ground, when really, he was terrified down to his core.

"And are you going to stop me? No one is coming to help you now, little rabbit."

Bakura leaned in toward the spiky haired teen's neck, Yugi closing his eyes tightly in fear of what was to come next. He waited, expecting to feel some sort of pain, until it never came. Instead, that weight on top of him was suddenly yanked away, the teen opening his eyes only to gasp upon seeing the one and only dragon king before him.