•PART 2•

For the next week James spent every lunch and break in isolation. He stared pointlessly at the wall, just thinking about the choices. He had been told that if his behaviour didn't improve drastically overnight, that he would be kicked out of school. You're probably thinking 'well isn't that a good thing? He hates school anyway so why doesn't he just drop out?' .Well his father had told him that he can either stay in school or join him in his office as full time work. And James defiantly didn't want to be stuck in his fathers office working. Besides, he actually liked school. Not for the teachers, lessons or detentions but because of the laughs, the mischief and checking out the girls. Typical James.

So for the next few weeks he had been on his best behaviour. He hadn't done anything stupid at all, and people were starting to become slightly worried.

"I'm surprised James didn't get sent out of maths" Hunter said to Eldon and West as they walked to the canteen. James had just left for a bathroom break so now was the perfect time to discuss his odd behaviour.

"Yeah, it's so weird." Eldon scratched his head.

"Like bro, he's not been shouted at or sent to detention at all this past week. But I don't think he's really changed, I mean he's our boy. He can't possibly have changed from the naughtiest student in the whole school to suddenly becoming teachers pet." West said confused.

"Yeah I agree" Hunter said as they got in the dinner queue. "He must be doing it for someone or something."

"What, like a trade?" Eldon said almost clueless.

"Well maybe" Hunter replied.

"Maybe he's doing it to get with a girl?" West suggested.

"Nah, I don't think he would ever change his ways for a girl"  Hunter exclaimed as he grabbed a pasta pot and put it on his tray.

"It has to be something bigger than just a girl..." Eldon said, almost like he was saying it to himself. "This isn't the James I grew up with. No way, something bigs going on."

The boys nodded in agreement before sitting down at a table and tucking into their lunch. The cafeteria seemed almost empty today, like there was something missing. There was a few empty tables dotted around, and there wasn't the usual chit chat and laughter. The boys themselves ate in silence, replacing their empty mouthes with another fork of pasta. Suddenly Wests head shot up.

"Where even is James?" The guys looked around.

"Surely he can't have taken this long to use the bathroom" Eldon said whilst looking at the clock up on the wall.

"Probably got sent to isolation for peeking in the girls bathroom" Hunter chuckled, making West and Eldon grin.

"Wouldn't be the first time." West laughed, replaying the incident in his mind before the silence returned once again.

And as the boys dinner slowly got less and less, it was clear that James wasn't turning up today.
---
"Bro, where were you at lunch?" Eldon asked as himself and James were strolling home from school.
"Erm, just got caught up with this girl" James lied, quickening his pace. He didn't want Eldon finding out the real reason he missed lunch. If he had gotten a detention or such, he wouldn't have cared. But that's because he didn't get a detention, in fact it was kind of the opposite.

You see, usually for detentions you have to go and clean the lab or mark the maths homework, but today James had decided to willingly go to the drama studio and clean out the costumes. He chose to do so. For once he was actually willing to help out. A week ago it would of been the opposite way around-being forced yet still not showing up. And there was no way James would ever admit to anyone what he did, since that would ruin his reputation as being the naughtiest student in the school. He could barely believe that he had actually done it himself as he never did things like this at school. But there was also another small reason as to why he chose the drama studio.

Ever since James was a little boy he had always been fun and unafraid of humiliation. In fact, he loved the stage and spotlight a lot. He had predicted himself that he was the player that everyone knew because of this and he felt well known and kinda proud about it. It reminded him of a family holiday back in Spain when he was just 5 when he climbed up on the stage and did a funny dance. Yes it was 12 years ago, but since that moment he had loved being the centre of attention.

However he hadn't ever had chance to. He started hip-hop classes when he was 7, but 5 years later quit due to moving away. He had also got a drum kit for his 14th birthday, but his parents had moved it into the garage out the way since he was always being too noisy. In fact he had actually forgotten all about the dusty drum kit sat in the back of the garage until now. It made him realise how much he had lost in his life, and how much he missed it. He always believed he could make it pretty far in the dance world, but he would never be able to go back now. Not many places would take on a 17 year old, reckless boy and teach from scratch. And he really didn't fancy the idea of being in the baby ballet classes either.

Maybe it was time to go back to the carefree, reckless boy he was. School was doing him no favours, and perhaps working in his dads office would be a good way to start adulthood after all...Perhaps it was time reckless James returned.
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
How long do you think James will stay good for? Or do you think he hasn't actually changed? Leave a votes and let me know down in the comments!💓