•Part 40•

•Riley's pov•

"James?!" I screeched as I watched him walk into the room. "What are you doing here!"

"Sorry, who are you?" He questioned turning to face me. I was so confused, he knew it was me!

"Uh it's me Riley...you didn't seriously forget who I am in less than two years?" I said somewhat sad. His shoulders shrugged carelessly as he kicked off his yeezys.

"Obviously I remember you, how could I not? I just pretend that I don't, you know so we can start fresh" he said casually.

I didn't know what to say, all I could do was nod.

"Hi, I'm James. And you are?"!" He said holding his hand out. I shook it and replied, no matter how stupid I thought this all was.

"I'm Riley. I hope we can be friends." James grinned before throwing one of his bags onto the only bed left, the top bunk. "Me too Ri, me too."

After that it was kinda awkward therefore I decided to escape from the dorm room and explore campus for a bit.

Before going back to the room she went to her car and retrieved the final items. After getting back to the room she noticed that this was the first time everyone was there together.

"Hey what's your name?" The only roommate that Riley hadn't met yet asked.

"I'm Riley or Ri, I heard your name was Finn?"

"That's me!" He smiled. He spoke well and looked pretty smart compared to James who's hair was a ruffled mess.

"I've ordered us all postmates and I am determined that us four are gonna spend our first night together here. I hope you didn't make plans Ri?" Jessica said from the kitchen.

"That's fine by me!" Riley smiled, happy to get to know everyone. She was worried that her roommates wouldn't like her and that university would therefore be made hell...

Once the rice and fried chicken was dished up onto everyone's crappy plastic plates, they all sat on the sofas and ate.

"Let's take it in turn to tell each other about ourselves!" Jess said enthusiastically. "I'll start."

She spoke for a solid 5 minutes about how her mom had been a model herself, therefore spiking her own interest in the industry. She also spoke a bit more about her personal life, which wasn't all that interesting.

Next she told Finn to share something about him. Riley picked up how nervous he was acting and gave him some encouragement.

"Go on Finn, I'm excited to hear about you."

From the other couch which James was sat on quietly alone, he noticed him looking at her. Riley smiled to herself and placed some more chicken in her mouth as Finn began to speak.

Turns out he came from a posh background but didn't feel like one of the family. Apparently that's why he wanted to come to university and study acting.

"Riley your turn" Finn said at the end of his small speech.

"Okay uh well um.." She stuttered. What should she say?

"Why don't you tell them about the dinner party your family hosted? Remember that?" She heard James say from the other couch. It wasn't even a big event- in fact she was surprised he remembered it even happening.

"Okay well uh it's kinda random" she began before getting cut off by Jess.

"Wait you two know each other?"

She looked over at James and they both nodded slightly. "Yeah we used to be friends."

"Okay well I wanna hear your story still" Finn smiled while getting impatient.

"So my parents both worked and would leave me home alone a lot, and one day I randomly got told to get ready for a dinner party. I did as I was told and went downstairs, then opened the door to see James and his father. They were surprisingly our guests! James and I sat beside each other and then my older sister who was horrible to me appeared. But I managed to survive the dinner."

Nobody looked interested in her story.

"Yeah, and she was about to take me upstairs when her mom stopped us and pointed to the lounge" James chuckled.

She noticed the confused looks on everyone's faces...

"I uh..well I was never officially diagnosed but I strongly believe that I developed depression and eating disorders..so getting enough weight back to fit into some old jeans was kinda my break through.."

Jess and Finn both understood and pulled her into a hug. She smiled, finally feeling more at home with these three people than she ever did at her parents home...
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•