•Part 41•

So far university was going great for Riley, James, Jess and Finn. The classes were in some aspects challenging but no class ended without their being some laughs. As for the dorm mates, everything was going great. They got along perfectly and James and Riley soon were the same as before. It was like nothing had happened.

"James?" Riley whispered into the darkness one night. She was ticked up in her top bunk, and turned her body to face the direction of James top bunk that was just opposite hers.

"Yeah?" He whispered back, still feeling wide awake.

"Did you really break into your old school with some friends?" She questioned thinking back to the first night when he told that story. Riley didn't know if it was true- he never mentioned it before from what she could remember.

"Yeah, and it's true that I almost got caught. Gosh I don't know what would have happened if I had" he chuckled quietly in order not to wake up a sleeping Jess and Finn.

Riley giggled and the two of them continued their whispering conversation. The way that they were both lay in their own beds but facing one another reminded them both of the time they were in hospital together.

Eventually though the two of them began getting sleepy. The conversations ended and the two of them were left just staring at one another from across the room. The lights from their phone torches were the only things illuminating their faces.

"Goodnight Riles" James eventually whispered, turning his light off for the night. Riley did the same and closed her eyes. She already missed him, even if he was still there.

The previous feelings...they were back.

However the next few weeks for Riley only went downhill.

Of course James was going to change. He was naturally a player. They were basically two opposite people. James liked partying every weekend and meeting new girls. He always had done.

And Riley...well she was just a nerd.

Before university she had began to enjoy parties. But that was different. That was when she was surrounded by her friends, and mostly people she recognised at least. But now there wasn't many people she knew. The parties were even louder, even bigger than before. And this, well this was more important than school was. There was no time for slacking.

So she lay there at night alone, thinking to herself in the darkness. A drunk James could be heard stumbling up into his bed- more than likely with his wreaking clothes on still and without brushing his teeth.

But she remembered what happened before. The way their friendship had ended before.

And out of everything that could possibly have happened, that was the thing she didn't want happening again.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•