•PART 9•

James alarm clock beeped from his bedside table.

Beep beep beep

"James, it's time to get up for goodness sake! Turn that racket off" his younger sister Piper said while barging into his room and hitting his face with a pillow. He wasn't asleep, just ignoring the annoying ringing sound and showing no sign of getting up.

He smacked the snooze button In an angered manner before scrambling out his sheets and shoving his sister out the room. Today was his first day back at school after a short break- it was an exclusion type thing.

But their was a twist. He wasn't going back to his previous school;he had a permanent ban there. And after going to work for his dad for a day they both agreed that finding him a different school would work out better. So today was the day, a rainy Monday morning. The day he was at his new school for the first time. And to make things worse Hunter wasn't going to the same school as him.

James had to sprint through the gates to make it on time. He could hear the bells ringing and he didn't think it was a good idea to be late on his first day. However he was stopped in his tracks while following the directions he was given while walking through a long corridor.

"Loner"
"Attention seeker"
"The girl on anti depressants"
James heard these harsh words being spat out the mouth of three tough looking girls. He stopped still in his track, standing and watching as a petite brunette was slammed up against some lockers.

"Leave me alone" James heard her stutter quietly, earning herself a kick in the shin. When James heard that welp he knew he had to step in.

"Well, hello there ladies. I'm James, the new boy. You may have heard of me..." he said confidently while stepping forward.

The three girls completely forgot about the other girl who they had been picking on, and James saw her scurry away.

"Oh hi there" the flirty looking girls said in sync while checking out James.
"Care to show me the way to.. uhm the math block?" James asked while looking at his plan. The girls all nodded and giggled while leading the way, making sure to throw flirty comments at him every few minutes.

"Thanks girls, I'll see you around" James winked while entering his form room. The teacher and whole class looked at him, making him kinda nervous for once.

After a brief introduction James and the rest of his class were walking to the science block for the first lesson. James walked alone since everyone else were in their own small groups.
I'll try and get into the cool guys group later he thought to himself before the class went into  their first lesson of the day...

As the rest of the week rolled on, James felt nothing but annoyance. He had made a few guy friends at his new school, but none of them were like Hunter Eldon or West. And the amount of girls around him for once made him slightly overwhelmed. But there was one thing that somehow always creeped back into his thoughts.

The girl he had seen getting picked on on his first day.

And it hadn't just been the first day; but every morning he would see the same girls push her against the wall, name call and even empty out her belongings all over the floor. James always managed to help the poor girl, but not in the way he probably should do. Instead of getting the bullies to back off and check to see if the poorly treated girl was ok, he would just act as a lure to get them away from her. And although It worked, it wasn't what he thought was right.

Maybe she was a freak, the idiotic ones who are dumb; or perhaps she gets picked on by multiple people for being smart. James would never know..unless one day he actually went to help. Properly.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Idk if you guys have any idea who the petite girl is but hey, i did say I was gonna introduce Riley right? 😉😂