C H A P T E R O N E

Madyson's POV

I, Madyson Ann Violet, am a 17 year old high school girl. I wish I could say my life is completely normal, but that's a lie, a huge lie. I am a world famous popstar, but not the normal paparazzi space invaded popstar. When I became famous for my music, I decided I didn't want the fame. So I kept my name hidden and made up a stage name, which is Camellia. It works, and has been for 21 months now. Not gonna lie, I love making music, but hate the work sometimes.

"Morning baby girl!" My mom yelled in a sing-songy voice.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I groaned. Monday's were my least favorite day of the week, but aren't they everybody's??? This week will be so exhausting, I have rehearsals and prep for the hometown concert this Saturday.

Gross!

I mentally yelled. Moving right in into the day, I showered and let the hot water fall on my body. This was one of my absolute favorite ways to relieve stress was showering, it was so relaxing. After about 35 minutes I was completely done with my shower, hair, and makeup. I decided to put on a light layer of makeup and curl my blonde hair. For my outfit I wore a light, maroon hoodie, barely ripped light washed jeans, and brown combat boots. I looked at myself and was quite satisfied with my appearance.

When I finally arrived downstairs, my mom was making cinnamon rolls. She handed me one and I muttered a quick 'Thank you'. When I bit into the warm cinnamon roll, I gave my mom a look of pleasure and she laughed.

"What??" I asked all defensive like.

"You're goofy, now come on, let's get into the car." Now I know what you're probably thinking, can't she drive herself to school? Well not exactly, even though no one really knows that I'm 'Camellia', it's too much of a risk, and I have to have a trusted adult drive me to school. It's one of the many downsides, but I've learned to accept it. My mom, turned on the radio and we jammed out. I started rapping to the song when she gave me wide eyes.

"Since when could you rap?!"

"Uh, I'm pretty sure Makena taught me." Makena Smith was my celebrity best friend. She was also a famous singer, but left her identity for everyone to know.

"Ohhh!" My mom admitted. We were interrupted by the radio speaker.

"Everyone, get ready, because in a few short minutes, we will be listening to Camellia's new release, 'Without You'! Stayed tuned."

"Aaahhhh!" We both shrieked in joy and excitement.

"I'm so proud of you!" My mom affectionately spoke. "My baby girl is making music and she's faaaaaamous." I saw a tear roll down her cheek and I wiped it. 

"Aw, mom don't cry."

"Okay Madyson, but only for you." When the radio came back on, it was my new single that came on and let's say it sounded so good to hear it on the radio.

I got to learn how to love without you
I got to carry my cross without
Stuck in the middle and I'm just about to
Figure it out without you
And I'm done sitting home without you
Man I'm going it without you
I'm going to tear this city down without you
I'm going Bonnie and Clyde without you

We sang along as the chorus came on, and I love this song because it's so upbeat and happy. It's definitely like DJ, dance music.

"Alright, that's it, you've heard it first here, Camellia's new single, 'Without You' only on Hollywood radio station." I squealed and my mom hugged me.

"Good job pumpkin, I know this song will be a huge hit." She chirped, dragging out the 'huge'. I just only hoped she was right. I hoped out of my mom's car, and caught up with Anslee who waited for me everyday. She said she was 'Ensuring my safety as well.' but whatever.

"Literally your hit was bomb!" She whisper yelled.

"Thanks, I enjoyed singing it, as much as listening to it."

"I bet." We walked through the doors of Westmore High School. Nothing could ruin my day, except her - Alexis Johnson.

"Heeeyyy Madyson!" She yelled super loud.

"What do you want now???"

"Have you heard Camellia's new hit single, 'Without You'?" Alexis has this thing where she bullies me, but also makes fun of me because Camellia is a better singer than me, according to her.

"Yeah, several times in fact." She sneered and looked at her plastics.

"Well she still sounds so much better than you, in fact anyone does, and you'll never be like her or able to sing!"

"Oh Johnson, if only you knew, if only you knew." Anslee and I just snickered and walked away.

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" She literally screamed her guts out asking the ridiculous question. We just ignored and I knew today was going to be amazing now.

___________________________

Well chapter one, please tell me your thoughts. Was it good?

I'm trying to go great places with this book, but it would help if I had feedback and votes. :D

This chapter is not edited.

Vote. Comment. Share. xx

-a