C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

Madyson's POV

"Morning Pumpkin! You need to get ready soon so we can go get breakfast." I heard someone's calming voice say. I rolled over to on my back and slowly opened my eyes. I immediately observed Eli's beautiful hazel eyes, that were looking right at me.

"Ugh, morning." I slapped my hand on the face.

"You're adorable, come on and get ready for breakfast. We're going somewhere."

"Okay." I ripped off my covers and the cool air met contact with my legs. "AHHH SO COLD!" I yelled, and curled up into a small ball. Eli just chuckled and shook his head.

"What am I going to do with you?" He asked.

"I don't know, but I'm starving so get out so I can get dressed."

"Thank you, I'm starving too." He quietly exited and closed the door behind. I stripped of my clothes and picked out a pair of skinny jeans, and a white, flow-y, off the shoulders crop top. I made my way towards the bathroom. Since I took a shower late last night, I didn't need one this morning, thankfully. I feel like I'm going to pass out from not eating in like 14 hours. I brushed my teeth, applied mascara, and curled my hair in loose curls. After grabbing my phone, and wallet, I made my way downstairs where the others were. "Ready?" Eli asked. I shook my head in response and I caught a glimpse of Jayden checking me out. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Okay so we're going to have to take the bus, since not all of us fit comfortably in Eli's car." I stated and after several moments of realization, they climbed onto the bus. I unlocked my phone, and began to go through my Twitter feed. I started to scroll through a bunch of the posts the little 12 year olds posted, until I spotted an interesting post. I noticed this person's name because he went to our school. It had a picture of a little girl in a hospital bed, covered in wires and equipment. My heart broke into a million pieces. And it broke even more when I read the caption.

Gotta love my little sister Izabelle, she's 5, and the cutest thing in the world. I just want to thank Camellia so much. Even though she doesn't realize it, she's helped keep my sister alive through he 2 years of her hospitalization. She loves her music and sings to it everyday. See the thing is she has stage 5 leukemia, and I hate to say it but she's not expected to live. My family can't afford the cost of treatment so she could either give up or try to fight on. She told the doctors she's going to give up her fight, but she first wants to meet Camellia. It's been heartbreaking to hear her say she'd give up. She's my everything, and I couldn't live without her. The doctors don't think she's going to last too much longer. So, Camellia, if you see this it would mean the world to me and my little sister if you paid her a visit.

I didn't realize I was crying till a few tears fell on my phone's screen.

"Maddy, are you okay?!" Elijah asked quickly. I shook my head no and handed him the phone. He first wiped my tears then gave me a reassuring smile. After around 30 seconds, I knew he finished because the bus was dead silent. "Pumpkin, it'll be okay." He whispered. "Just because Chase didn't make it, doesn't mean she won't, okay?"

Elijah's POV

She handed me the phone and I read it. I know she's going to pay that little girl a visit, because she went through the same thing with her 15 year old brother 4 years ago. It was just a few months before she got signed. His name was Chase, the coolest person you could ever meet. He always helped Maddy every time she was down. When she was 13, and Chase was 15, her dad raped her, and then made her feel guilty about it. He went to jail and they haven't seen him since. Ever since then, Maddy had a fear of relationships and people touching her. Once he was diagnosed, the doctors knew he wouldn't make it much longer. Maddy was devastated and didn't talk to anyone for a long time until she realize that Chase wouldn't want her to mope around. The leukemia had already affected his whole body. He had stage 5 leukemia as well, and their family couldn't afford treatment either. I know it hit her in the heart the minute I read the post. She had gone through the most depressed stage of her life and music was her only escape. And she became even better than she was because of it.