C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

"Okay, so these next couple of songs I have to sing mean something really special to me. I wouldn't be singing them if they didn't hold a special place in my heart." An eruption of 'Awes' came from the audience. He began to sing Lights Down Low by MAX.

"Heaven only knows where you've been
But I don't really need to know
I know where you're gonna go
On my heart, where you're resting your head
And you just look so beautiful
It's like you were an angel
Can I stop the flow of time?
Can I swim in your divine?
'Cause I don't think I'd ever leave this place
Oh, turn the lights turn the lights down low
Yeah, now I'm feeling you breathing slow" He motioned me to sing with him and I did so.
"'Cause, baby, we're just reckless kids
Trying to find an island in the flood
Oh, turn the lights, turn the lights down low, oh." He finished the song and it's like all the emotion just flooded down on me. He was inches away from me and that's when he did it.

Jayden Winston kissed me.

___________________________

Jayden's POV

I finally did it! I'm kissing Madyson. Right here, right now. I don't really know why, but I've wanted to do this for so long. But somehow I just couldn't.

Madyson's POV

What?!

How is this happening?!

I don't hate it, but what?!

He pulled back and smiled. The whole atmosphere and place went dead silent and it's like all the air was removed from the building. As if on cue, my fans erupted into a fit of 'Awes'.

I bit my lip and smiled.

"Thank you all so much for coming and I love you guys so much. I don't know what I would do without you!" I waved to all my fans and blew kisses. As I entered the area behind the stage Anslee was looking at me with wide eyes. "To the bathroom." I said with no hesitation. We drew close to the bathroom and almost immediately I bursted into tears.

"Honey breathe." Anslee said while rubbing my back. I tried to breathe but couldn't. "Madyson." She paused. I turned to look at her and I knew immediately my face was a mess.

"I know."

"No, your makeup and hair is still good. Do you have the fan meet and greet?" She said as if she has just read my mind.

"Darn it."

"It's okay. Take a few minutes and collect yourself, then go out there and meet your fans then we'll talk about this tonight on the road, okay?"

"Okay." She hugged me and left the bathroom. I pulled out my phone and the texts flooded my notification screen.

Mom: How was the concert love?

Aurora: he kissed you?!

Eli: where are you?!

Eli: are you okay?

Eli: madyson?

Eli: talk to me now

And as so many more came in from Eli, I began to tear up again. I don't want to fall for Jayden..I can't. Besides, he'll just treat me like my dad did, abusive. My dad abused me and my mom and Aurora, all the time. Sexual. Physical. Emotional. We've been scarred since and most touch tends to be a trigger.

As the tears began to flood again, all I could think about is being weak.

I'm so weak.

A took a deep breath and brushed away the tears away. Looking in the mirror, I began to hate the image I saw back.

Disgusted.

"Madyson, I need you to talk to me and open up now." Eli said. I opened the door hesitantly. Immediately a look of pity took over his face. "Can I hug you?" He whispered. The tears came back and he hugged back. I flinched instantly then loosened back up. "Hey you'll be okay. Jayden's a good kid, he's not going to hurt you." He paused, taking a breath while rubbing my back. "And if he does, I will make sure he never sees your pretty face again."

I smiled, and relaxed a bit. It was nice to have Eli here with me now. He pulled away and took my hands.

"Love, I want you to know that everything will be okay. I will be right here for you, no matter what." I smiled again. "There it is, that beautiful smile that I know. Now. Let's go to your meet and greet."

"Okay, and thank you." As I walked to the meet my fans, I plastered a smile on my face, hoping I'd fool everyone.

***

"You're such an inspiration, and one day I hope to be just like you and I can't believe I'm meeting you!" This 13 year old squealed and rambled in front of me. It was enough to make me happy!

"Aw I'm so glad I'm meeting you too!" She smiled and hugged me, so of course I hugged back. The rest of the 2 hours went as the previous. Not too exciting, but definitely not boring. We boarded the bus and to be honest, I was exhausted.

"Hey, let's talk now." Anslee said.

"Oh..okay."

"Why do you think that Jayden's gonna hurt you?"

"I-I never said that."

"Yes, I know, but I know you well enough to know that you're scared to fall for Jayden because he'll hurt you just like your dad did."

"I-I-"

"Why?"

"Because I ruin lives, I destroy them."

"Madyson, why would you say that?"

"I-I can't right now." I stood up and walked to my bed space. I suddenly grew tired and just before I fell asleep, Jayden came in.

"Madyson?" Jayden asked.

"Yeah?" There was a long pause. This was awkward, Jayden hasn't spoken to me since the kiss, so here it goes.

"Can I talk to you?"

___________________________

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I really hate to leave this on a cliffhanger but this chapter sucks and needs to be done and over with. I wanted to update sooner but wrestling and school takes up my free time. So I thought I'd update on Christmas as my gift to you. Have an amazing Christmas (for those of your who celebrate it) and enjoy your day. I'm super sorry for the horrible chapter , I know it sucked.

Vote. Comment. Share. xx

-A