Chapter 2 Willow

I opened my eyes to the sun coming in from my blinds it was Sunday and I had lunch with Leo and that's how far my planning went for the day. I look at the clock and it blinks 7:45am I groan and turn over to the other side. I never sleep in anymore I get out of the bed and the cold floorboards touch my feet I shiver and goosebumps scatter across my skin. I walk over to the windows and open them I don't have that good of a view of the city. But I do have a view of the park that's right beside the complex I live in.

I remember when I first walked into this place how the sun casted down all around the empty rooms how the floorboards were shiny from just getting cleaned. From that moment on I wanted this place I wanted to wake up to the sun on me. I wanted his arms around me but I only got half of that dream. I look around the apartment now and it was spotless I always was cleaning it whenever I would remember what happened I would clean it helped, even just for a little.

I walk back into my room and look down at my phone 2 new messages. It blinked at me, I opened the one from my dad that was sent around 6am.

Dad: Hey honey, I know you're not awake right now but your mom is in the hospital she got sick last night. When you wake up come to the hospital were room 203. Love you.

Me: You should have called right away, I'll be there in 10.

I threw on a pair of black shorts and a black crop top, I rush to comb my hair and brush my teeth as quick as I could. I through on my black combat boots and I was out the door. I looked at the door that belonged to my new neighbor Leo. I shook out of my haze and rushed out of there and jumped into my Army Green Jeep.

I started the Jeep and while it cooled down I opened the other text message, it was from the lawyer.

Sarah: Willow we need to talk about Marcus will. Please contact me as soon as possible.

Me: We can meet up tomorrow at around 5:40pm, meet me at the bakery where I work.

Sarah: Perfect, I know this is hard but you're doing a good thing. It's time to move forward with your life.

I didn't respond I zoomed out of the parking lot and headed to the hospital, my blood was starting to boil. Everybody wanted me to move on but it's only been a month since he died. Marcus, I don't try to think much about him because when I do my heart starts to hurt. He was beautiful and he was mine even if it was not very long.

But he had the softest of brown hair and the darkest brown eyes, he was a lawyer at a company and he loved it. But maybe he didn't love it the way I thought he did, but he was good at his job he always wanted to do what was right. He was not perfect but he was my kind of perfect, then he was gone and there's no getting him back.

My foot hit the gas pedal a little too hard and then I was zooming faster than the speed limit. The traffic was bad like always I don't know how I made it this far here. But I love the city how at night you don't ever have to feel like your the only one up. You can yell and you know somebody will be there to hear you. But my favorite thing about this city is how you can disappear when you want to and come back out into the open when you need to.

I've been thinking about moving for a while but I don't think I will for a while, not till I get everything situated. I luckily find a parking spot and I run up to the automatic doors I felt the breeze of the air conditioning as I walked in. I went straight for the elevator and hit floor level 3, the doors open and I go on a search for the room number. I found there and the end of the hall by the water fountain.

I knocked silently not knowing if mother was awake yet, I heard soft footsteps and then the door was being open and my dad stood in the door way. He had on some pants and a nice shirt on and he looked exhausted. "Dad is everything all right?" He looked to the bed as I walked in and he followed behind me, "No...the doctors don't know what's wrong and she's getting worse by the minute."