Chapter 12 Willow

Today was the death of my sister, 26 of May I hated this day and would forever. It brought back to many painful memories I felt guilty living and she was dead. I told Leo she was dead but I didn't tell him that today was the dad she died. I remember when I got the call it was night time and I was just getting off work.

"Hey mom." I say as I say goodbye to the other waitress who work with me at Red Robin. I and my sister Winnie were saving up to open a bakery one day. "She.... she.... she's gone." My mother wailed over the phone I stopped confused about what she was talking about, "Mom calm down who's gone?" I ask as worry started to grip my chest, "Wi...Winnie." She said as she softly sobbed worry and confusion took over my body, did she run away?

"Mom explain more I don't understand." I tell her as I get inside my car and start it, "She......died." Everything stopped I couldn't breathe my heart wasn't beating right why couldn't I breath, Winnie my sweet little sister my best friend is dead. I couldn't focus I drop my phone and stare at the dashboard, Winnie is dead. I couldn't comprehend it I didn't want to. I would walk inside that house and she would be there watching golden girls while eating a tube of ice cream.

She would be complaining about how her boyfriend was being a jerk, she would be home when I go there. I kept telling myself that until I calmed down I picked the phone back up and I could hear my mother's cries over the phone. "Mom if this is a joke it's not funny." I tell her as my voice breaks, "Why would I joke about this!" I start to shake my head as the tears come down my face, "I'll be home in a little I need to go."' I tell her and hang up I needed to be alone.

I cry silently to myself, no sound would come out because the pain was too much. My chest hurt so bad I didn't know how to make the pain go away. I grab my phone and called my sister she needs to answer, "Hi this is Winnie please leave a message I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible" It went straight to voice mail the tears came down faster, she was gone and I didn't know how to get her back.

I snap out of my memory and look back up a Leo who was singing, I sighed I needed a drink. "I'm going to the bar." I tell Emily who was again talking to another boy, "Okay would you get me one to?" I nod my head and walk away from her, I never really liked drinking but I do when it's days like these. I order two beers and wait for them to come.

"Willow? Is that you?" I haven't heard that voice since the accident I turn around to face River Jones, Winnie's boyfriend. "River." He walks over and hugs me I know how hard it was for him to lose her they were planning on getting engaged, "It's been super long since I last saw you. How you been?" he asks as I grab the beer I ordered, "I've been good." I tell him he nods, "What are you doing so far away from home?" I smile up at, "I'm following a band around."

He laughs, "That's not like you at all but I guess we've all changed." He says as his eyes become sad, "Yea I guess we have." He nods and pats me on the back, "Well it was great seeing you but I got to run." I nod and say goodbye and head back over to where Emily was watching me. "Who was that?" She asks as I hand her, her drink.

"An old friend." I tell her and she nods and goes back to talking to the guy she's been hanging out with all night. She seemed to like this guy more than the others, I know she got his number she got all the guys numbers. The band was heading down the stage and Emily was promising him that she would text him later tomorrow. I sigh and give her a fake smile today I can't do a real one.

Leo

Something was bothering Willow, I didn't know If it was because she was missing her sister or something else. So, I made it my mission to make her happy today, "Let's go somewhere." I tell her as she looks up from the food she barley eaten. "Where to?" I start to grab some sleeping bags and I bought a tent later today for this occasion. "Just outside." She gives me a curious look then she stands up and puts away her half-eaten food.